Why become a member? ×

£100 for a wooden box with a few holes and and Ashdown logo anybody?

I was stumbling around Fleabay and came across [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ashdown-ABM-C115-500-Bass-Cab-combo-project_W0QQitemZ160275334226QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160275334226&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]this[/url] and was kinda shocked.

No amp, no cone, no nuthin, all for £70 MINIMUM and £30 for postage.

:)

I've seen a few Ashdown combos that have been broken where the amp section sits. A picture of one was posted on here and there's one I've seen at a venue, so maybe it's a bit of a weak spot. If that's the case there might be more people who'd fancy a new cab than you'd expect.

Consider a used (complete) ABM115 cab goes for around £150 minimum.

For this you could pick up a decent 15" eminence speaker for about £50, so call it £120 total if you collect the box... If I was in Hertfordshire I'd go for it purely coz my ABM300 head would fit in it and it matches the 4x10" :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='271388' date='Aug 27 2008, 10:38 PM']What do you think is a fair price then?[/quote]

for me, a tenner, but somebody who needs it for a spare speaker they have or sumit, i guess around 40 or 50. its just a bit of cheap wood with an ashdown logo on it.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='272055' date='Aug 28 2008, 09:28 PM']for me, a tenner, but somebody who needs it for a spare speaker they have or sumit, i guess around 40 or 50. its just a bit of cheap wood with an ashdown logo on it.[/quote]

At least it's made of plywood and not chipboard like the MAG boxes :)

MB1. :)
We're not talking Cheap Chipboard sh*te! here. The Grill on its own without the badge will cost you £30+, the badge is £10+the handles must be at least another £40,the covering isnt cheap either, the cabinet is an ABM Cabinet ..... properly jointed and sealed. This is a STEAL! :huh:

[quote name='ped' post='272437' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:22 PM']Why you little... I challenge you to a duel! *slaps with glove*[/quote]

I accept your duel good sire!

What'll it be, pistols at dawn, claymores at Tea, .45 revolvers at high noon, or the Deliverence theme at dinnertime
*tunes up banjo, and informs kidnapped cityslicker to "squeel like a piggy" cos they've got a "real purdy mouth, yukyukyuk!" and trims all 11 fingernails in preparation*?

Come Git Some! :)

*edit*

I do believe we're officially O.T., ATM

Edited by phil_the_bassist

[quote name='Rich' post='272489' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:55 PM']Ped, you could always 'pop a hat in his bottom', as I believe those chaps 27 Pence or Scoopy Dogdog would say.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Are they not responsible for recording Level 42s last album? :huh: