Why become a member? ×

NBD - Shergold Marathon Mk 1A, 1979 *Audio*

discreet

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1433868365' post='2794716']
Good move keeping it virgin Mark, i'd hate to be the one to mess with it after all those years. :)
[/quote]

Quite, who would want to mess with a thirty-six-year-old virgin..?

:biggrin:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1433868365' post='2794716']
Good move...
[/quote]
[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1433869111' post='2794726']
Wise decision...
[/quote]
[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1433872384' post='2794758']
Good decision...
[/quote]

This forum makes me laugh. So if I'd gone ahead with the refin and the electrics mod you'd have all said the equivalent of the current mrs discreet's 'that's nice, dear' and just let me get on with it?? :D

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1433872957' post='2794770']
This forum makes me laugh. So if I'd gone ahead with the refin and the electrics mod you'd have all said the equivalent of the current mrs discreet's 'that's nice, dear' and just let me get on with it?? :D
[/quote]
Quite possibly sweetheart. x

It's a lovely lovely thing Mark but then you know I have a soft spot for a Shergold Marathon, if only I'd kept my white fretless one I sold in Loot back in the early 90's :( I wonder where it is now.

[/quote]

Remember when you were considering doing the same thing to that black G&L? I'd do the same thing that I threatened to do then 😉

[/quote]

it's got to be the best option to keep it as it is :)

..even if only for when GAS for something else strikes and you move it on... :ph34r:

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1433928488' post='2795077']
Remember when you were considering doing the same thing to that black G&L? I'd do the same thing that I threatened to do then
[/quote]

Crap in an envelope and post it to me? :D Just as well it's staying original, then!

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1433928740' post='2795079']
it's got to be the best option to keep it as it is :) ...even if only for when GAS for something else strikes and you move it on... :ph34r:
[/quote]

And there was me thinking it could be a keeper... :blink:

Nice playing mate - very tasteful B) Nice looking (and sounding) bass too - definitely a bit of a Wal vibe there, especially the early pro I basses, and especially in black... :) [url="http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=wal+pro+1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCOGetKnvhMYCFRA-jAod9f4Exg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.musicradar.com%2Fnews%2Fbass%2Fcool-and-classic-basses-508349%2F13&ei=9Ap4VeHULZD8sAT1_ZOwDA&bvm=bv.95039771,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNGAYeaM6h7RFyItSWvR7QwXF2dsGA&ust=1434016873647288"][/url]

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1433930448' post='2795106']
Nice playing mate - very tasteful B) Nice looking (and sounding) bass too - definitely a bit of a Wal vibe there, especially the early pro I basses, and especially in black... :)
[/quote]

Thank you, and thanks for the pic - that's a bit naughty! Yes, the Wal-vibe is one of the things I like about Shergold/Hayman - that and the price, of course. One day I will have a Wal... trouble is, I need a car first... ;)

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1433875203' post='2794808']
I have a soft spot for a Shergold Marathon, if only I'd kept my white fretless one I sold in Loot back in the early 90's :( I wonder where it is now.
[/quote]

They're a bit thin on the ground, it's true! You could contact Andrew Mannering through the Shergold Forum and make him an offer! :)

[url="http://www.shergold.co.uk/collection.html?detail=NOS_Marathon4fl_1"]http://www.shergold.co.uk/collection.html?detail=NOS_Marathon4fl_1[/url]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1434028289' post='2796073']
They're a bit thin on the ground, it's true! You could contact Andrew Mannering through the Shergold Forum and make him an offer! :)

[url="http://www.shergold.co.uk/collection.html?detail=NOS_Marathon4fl_1"]http://www.shergold....S_Marathon4fl_1[/url]
[/quote]

Nice enough Mark but I don't like sunburst basses.

[/quote]

If you'd re-finned it, it would've been a big 'faux-you' from me!

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1434045864' post='2796269']
If you'd re-finned it, it would've been a big 'faux-you' from me!
[/quote]

Well now I'm looking for a Modulator Bass to complete the trio... one in 'natural' finish would be nice... I'm actually becoming very fond of the original finish on this Marathon, the mojo is good... there's something about totally authentic wear, isn't there..? ;)

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1434046470' post='2796282']
Only just picked up this thread, Mark. Lovely looking bass and a VERY familiar looking neck :lol: Andy
[/quote]

Oh, have you seen one like it recently or something..? :lol:
Can you make a Modulator Bass for me? I think it's about the only way I'm going to get hold of one! :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1434046181' post='2796275']
Well now I'm looking for a Modulator Bass to complete the trio... one in 'natural' finish would be nice... I'm actually becoming very fond of the original finish on this Marathon, the mojo is good... there's something about totally authentic wear, isn't there..? ;)
[/quote]

Yes. It's authentic, original and in totally mint condition!

[media]http://youtu.be/Gb5vY2uWlZI[/media]