Why become a member? ×

You're all naughty boys !!

tonybassplayer

I just have to say that I think you're all naughty boys ( and girls ) on this website.

Before I joined I was more than happy with my Yamaha TRB playing through my budget conscious Behringer amp and twin cab set up but now now !!!

My first acquisition ( after following all the debates about the relative merits of MIJ, MIA etc ) was a Geddy Lee Jazz ( lovely to play and sounds great )

Then I just had to give these much talked about Wizard Thumper pickups a try so I bought an ebay special Squire Precision, bought the Wizards and fit them and yes, they do dramatically, alter the sound !!

Now I spend all my time researching the relative merits of the Mark Bass amps and cabs as I have become obsessed with ditching the Behringer stuff for some light weight, cool looking loud gear !! Going to make the purchase soon.

Now ( and this has just started ) I have got really in to following the custom built threads and I have fallen in love with some of the bass's I see being built and have convinced myself that I now desperately need one !!

When will it all end ?? or does it ??

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='268314' date='Aug 23 2008, 09:02 AM']I just have to say that I think you're all naughty boys ( and girls ) on this website.

Before I joined I was more than happy with my Yamaha TRB playing through my budget conscious Behringer amp and twin cab set up but now now !!!

My first acquisition ( after following all the debates about the relative merits of MIJ, MIA etc ) was a Geddy Lee Jazz ( lovely to play and sounds great )

Then I just had to give these much talked about Wizard Thumper pickups a try so I bought an ebay special Squire Precision, bought the Wizards and fit them and yes, they do dramatically, alter the sound !!

Now I spend all my time researching the relative merits of the Mark Bass amps and cabs as I have become obsessed with ditching the Behringer stuff for some light weight, cool looking loud gear !! Going to make the purchase soon.

Now ( and this has just started ) I have got really in to following the custom built threads and I have fallen in love with some of the bass's I see being built and have convinced myself that I now desperately need one !!

When will it all end ?? or does it ??[/quote]

Just like an extended 12" disco remix of [i]Le Freak[/i] by Chic it will end, but goes on and on and on and on..
P

I too was once like you.... happy with the way the Squire sounded through the Marshall Amp... one day, trolling through the internet for Bass related sites.... it all went pear shaped, I found this site and GAS hit me!

Now the proud owner orf a Warwick bleached blonde, Fender Marcus Miller and a MarkBass CMD121P (cracking combo amp by the way!)... a pedal is on it's way....

I have been converted.....

My wallet has been depleted.....

My fingers hurt......

.... I love it!

Edited by bassfan

Have your time of madness. I personally think it's healthy and you gain so much experience by chopping and changing. 2007 was a terrible year for me. I went through 13 different basses. Now I have reached a place of enlightment (and poverty) so I now know what I want.

I have fallen foul of the GAS since I joined this site, but it’s been a lot of fun buying and selling lots of stuff. I’ve changed rig 3 times in as many months :) I’m sticking with what I’ve got now though, for the moment anyway!

Don’t get me started on Bass GAS…

Markbass was the preserve of the ludicrously rich until I came here, now I'm trying to work out how to dodge my rent for a month or two to buy an LMII.

As long as your playing is also improving it's sort of justifiable, if not then maybe you're in the wrong bits of the forum?!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='268678' date='Aug 24 2008, 12:49 AM']As self-proclaimed `King of The Collector's'* I welcome you to the world of GAS!! Take it from me, there is no cure...

* sorry - not intended to come over as an overbloated braggart but it might just be the case![/quote]
There are so many reasons why I can't aspire to having a collection like yours!!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='268684' date='Aug 24 2008, 01:01 AM']And they are???[/quote]
Budget, house space, insurance cost, strings cost, setups cost, loss of housemates and friends, lack of a nice long fence to take pictures against ........... there's plenty. :)