Why become a member? ×

He is getting desperate.

JJW

[quote name='SICbass' timestamp='1446551653' post='2900196']
Why don't we at Basschat all club together and buy the thing? It could be some sort of bizarre/sick mascot.
[/quote]

I am up for donating some funds. And I think it will be amusing to pass it around its buyers and generally take the piss out of it.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1449173476' post='2921358']
Right all you eBay hawks, joking apart, WTF is going on with this sale? A piece of crap at a ridiculous price. Apart from the guy actually being mental, is there some kind of fiddle going on?*
*No 15-string fiddle jokes please.
[/quote]

I think the seller actually believes that it is worth £800. Seriously.

[quote name='roman_sub' timestamp='1449239983' post='2921882']
Just declined seller's counter-offer of £1,250. Phew, that was stressful, felt my life flash before my eyes, in the fear that I would accidentally click on "accept" and not "decline".
[/quote]

So you offered 99p, and he came back with twelve hundred quid. I've seen some haggling in my time, but that's got to be a record!

Haggling made all the more impressive given current interplanetary asking price. How much is the ticket to the Moon, on that Virgin shuttle? You can probably travel there, buy a decent Fender, play it in space, and have a few bob left over.

Or you can meet the asking price.

Edited by roman_sub

The idea does have appeal, I just resent giving the cheeky b#gger of a seller the dosh. He clearly doesn't care one way or the other as long as he get's the cash. Having said that, his varied responses to our diverse joke-offers, do seem to indicate a sense of humour there...

I'm wondering how much he paid for it? either he bought it for peanuts and wants to make a huge profit or he actually paid many hundreds for it and is now trying not to lose all his money, I think it's worth 150 quid tops and that's mainly for comedy value, unless he finds some poor sucker that's taken in by his sales banter then he's stuck with it forever.

if we do end clubbing together to this then I'm in for £20 provided that it ends up in flames (with a youtube video for proof) it would be worth it to never see it again

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1449508268' post='2924180']
I'm wondering how much he paid for it? either he bought it for peanuts and wants to make a huge profit or he actually paid many hundreds for it and is now trying not to lose all his money, I think it's worth 150 quid tops and that's mainly for comedy value, unless he finds some poor sucker that's taken in by his sales banter then he's stuck with it forever.

if we do end clubbing together to this then I'm in for £20 provided that it ends up in flames (with a youtube video for proof) it would be worth it to never see it again

Matt
[/quote]

I would also put in £20 quid too. We should bass relay it between buyers then do something amusing too it. Spray paint it gold and give it as a yearly basschat trophy for some daft reason. Or get together burn It pagan style.

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1449508268' post='2924180']

Matt
[/quote]Yeah but he might be making them!