Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1455716679' post='2981750']
Still waiting, God I'm impatient. Can't wait for mine, it is at least out for delivery though! :lol:
[/quote]

At least you're home to receive it! Hoping to god they leave mine with a neighbor.

Hey Guys,

Indeed I compared the different Pickups. The Maruszczyk Pickups are very hot. They have more Output then the Delanos, or the Häussels and they have some "Dirt" in their Sound. The Delanos sound more clean and even. More "civilized". The Häussels are mostly buildt in the passive Basses, as they bring out the Passive Tone best. That were my Impressions. All are very good Pickups and it depends what you're after.

By the Way: I tested the Basses with an "Arnold" Amp Head. That is a very, very good Amp Head.

Edited by AREA

[quote name='AREA' timestamp='1455719848' post='2981794']
Hey Guys,

Indeed I compared the different Pickups. The Maruszczyk Pickups are very hot. They have more Output then the Delanos, or the Häussels and they have some "Dirt" in their Sound. The Delanos sound more clean and even. More "civilized". The Häussels are mostly buildt in the passive Basses, as they bring out the Passive Tone best. That were my Impressions. All are very good Pickups and it depends what you're after.

By the Way: I tested the Basses with an "Arnold" Amp Head. That is a very, very good Amp Head.
[/quote]

Do the Delano's sound a bit more... Pokey? I know that's a really strange description, but do they stick out more?

I had stopped looking at this thread as I realy can't justify another bass but now I find myself thinking of a major road trip to visit this shop and bring home a new bass, it's along way but only 3 hours from Amsterdam, which is an easy overnight ferry from Newcastle, as far as road trips go if there were a few people sharing a vehicle then this would be a great bass weekender! north east bass bash on the road perhaps?

Mat

[quote name='AREA' timestamp='1455719848' post='2981794']
Hey Guys,

[/quote]

Many thanks! This is REALLY useful info, especially about the Marusz 'own brand' pickups, which until today were a complete mystery to me. ... But now I'm gassing for them as well! Argh!

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1455723657' post='2981844']
My Haussel-laden PJ is warm and vintagey, exactly as Adrian said it would be.

My Maruszczyk-wearing Oly (which has just been put in a postbox, on its way to its lucky new owner) is hotter and more aggressive. And the bridge humbucker burps like a monster.
[/quote]

Glad I went for the Maruszczyk pickups in that case :)

In other news I've missed my delivery. hopefully I can pick it up from the depot tonight :)

I would echo this, the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Haeussel Precision pickup in mine is warm and vintagy, very much like my '71 Precision. The Humbucker is hotttttt, but sounds brilliant.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Si[/font][/color]

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1455730200' post='2981922']
Loving the bass guys, but my intonation is off due to it being inside a van.

It's one of the Hipshot A style bridges and I can't seem to find a way of changing the intonation?

Anyone know how to do this?
[/quote]

Just a screw at the back beside each ball-end isn't it?

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1455726987' post='2981878']
I would echo this, the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Haeussel Precision pickup in mine is warm and vintagy, very much like my '71 Precision. The Humbucker is hotttttt, but sounds brilliant.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Si[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Is your humbucker a Haussell too, Si..?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1455730713' post='2981931']
Is your humbucker a Haussell too, Si..?
[/quote]

Yes :)
I'm going to lower it a tiny bit, like you said, and wire in the push/pull for single coil (as mine was hardwired to hb), will help in higher gain settings.

I'd be dead up for going to Germany!

Going to get wor lass to do some photoshopping to see what my custom would look like!

Thinking 5 String Fretless Jake with MM and P Pickups ... would look great with a jazz body as well but I feel like the MM pickup looks weird so close the the control plate. GAS, GAS, GAS