Why become a member? ×

ARIA PRO 2 THE CAT BASS Withdrawn!
£150

Handwired

Great playing and sounding bass, the neck and frets are in very good shape, it has Grover tuners and the electrics are sound. There are numerous little scuffs and marks on this bass but nothing to major for a 1986 instrument.
Priced to sell quickly. No case.
[attachment=198776:Aria Pro The Cat.JPG]

Edited by Handwired

Nice bass at a good price - but I have to point out that this is likely a Korean-made bass, MIJ Cat & RSB series Arias will state Made In Japan on the neckplate.

Not sure if the serials on these work the same as Matsumoku Aria Pros but the first number will be the year, if so.

GLWTS!

Jon.

I've been rebuilding one of these, great little workhorse sadly I did terrible things to mine in my youth such as spraying it dark purple with car paint .. I had no idea how decent a bass i'd picked up in the 90's it was better than i deserved . The neck feels great and the pickups are expressive and versatile and it stayed in tune , while all of my mates crap copies were re-tuning every second song. [size=4]I'm salvaging it and treating it to a nice respray with real guitar finishing paint this time around.[/size]

[size=4]FYI they had one on Denmark street for in wunjo's up for around 300 in a rather nice white finish, so this is probably a pretty fair price.[/size]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Brother Jones' timestamp='1423612833' post='2687165']
A black Cat was the third bass I ever owned in the late eighties and the first I gigged. I think I ended up having it defretted. Sure it's landfill by now.

Bump.
[/quote]

You know, j think I defretted mine too. How funny. Putty in the fret gaps then a layer of boat varnish. Not a pro job by any standards!!!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Brother Jones' timestamp='1423612833' post='2687165']
A black Cat was the third bass I ever owned in the late eighties and the first I gigged. I think I ended up having it defretted. Sure it's landfill by now.

Bump.
[/quote]

Funny so many here de-fretted the Aria Cat bass ... here's my story.

My childhood friend owned one, and I convinced him to de-fret half of it ... oops ... :blink: ... ("Wouldn't it be great if you could play half fretted and half fretless?"). It seemed logical more than three decades ago, then I saw a custom builder offering this option; well it didn't work when we tried it.

Edited by Bronner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...