Why become a member? ×

Sei Bass 5 string
£1250

ivyserpent

I got Sei Bass 5 string bass to sell.
John East 3 brand eq,2 emg soap (40P neck ,40DC bridge).Ebony fretboard, hipshop looks like tunners.
I think ash body. Few dings here and there but nothing major.
This model starts at 2300 pounds so price is a bargain!

Edited by ivyserpent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='funkle' timestamp='1429118028' post='2748249']
I'm still interested...but...

String spacing at bridge?

Weight?

And for bonus points...

Width of neck at nut?

Width at neck 24th fret?

Thanks again

Pete
[/quote]

Might be speaking out of turn here so apologies if so, but that looks like an ABM bridge which is means the bridge spacing
is Fender like, so around 19mm, I'd say.
Also the neck looks like a P-Bass nut as opposed to Jazz neck dims..
This makes is very comfortable for space IMV, and compatible if you come from Fender type basses and spacings.

I have 2 Sei J5's and the are pretty roomy for playing..and I would certainly say the ease of playing is not squeezed.
If I was changing over from a Fender 4, for example, this set-up and config is as close as you'll get, IMO. from a playing POV.

Thanks JTUK. Your experience is appreciated.

My 5 string niche is more comfortable around the 17.5mm spacing at the bridge and 1.75" at the nut. Wider at the nut is ok (1.85" fine) but at the bridge I definitely have a set preference for 17.5mm. Even converted my Fenderish 4 strings to that spacing.

I find the Lakland 5er necks waaaay too wide, and the Modulus and Musicman 5er necks to be comfy (Musicman narrower at the nut than the Modulus, but a bit beefier in depth and curvier fingerboard radius; Modulus flatter feeling in neck profile and flatter fingerboard radius).

Anyway, I'm taking this a bit too much off topic, so I'll just say....free bump.

The ABM bridge is fully adjustable, I have mine set up for a wider setting...would be easy to close it down a bit.
I would suggest a Lakland is a bit bigger all round as a bass. I don't find that a problem if jumping on one
but I'd have to work on it if my mainstay bass.

• 2 months later...

Hi
I'm new to the forum and just trying to sell my black Musicman Stingray 5 HH. I'm looking to replace it with a Fender Jazz USA five string deluxe but the Sei looks a stunning bit of kit. I've read great reviews on them but never tried one. If you've owned or used a USA jazz 5 string, how do the two compare?