Why become a member? ×

NBD - American Deluxe Jazz

Defo

[quote name='Defo' timestamp='1419088196' post='2636444']
I'm in "sitting looking constantly at my new bass" mode!
[/quote]

You have to 'cuddle the cub', don't you? Get it used to the family! :)
I usually wear a new bass round the house for a day or two. But I haven't gone to the shops or down the pub wearing it. Yet.

Edited by discreet

I've been tempted by these since trying one in a local music shop a few months ago. I tried it through one of the new Fender Rumble combos.

The bass had been given a proper set-up and played perfectly. I liked the passive switch too. I had a 1997 version of these but sold it because I was going back to four strings at the time. Altogether a great bass.

Enjoy it.

Frank.

I think I'm going to have to get a 5 string version one of these in the new year. I'd like a sunburst, rosewood with tortoise shell pickguard but unfortunately the sunburst model only comes with a black pickguard and it looks as though you can't actually buy spare pickguards for these basses from Fender?

[quote name='thebassist' timestamp='1419175001' post='2637207']
I think I'm going to have to get a 5 string version one of these in the new year. I'd like a sunburst, rosewood with tortoise shell pickguard but unfortunately the sunburst model only comes with a black pickguard and it looks as though you can't actually buy spare pickguards for these basses from Fender?
[/quote]

Sure can... http://intl.fender.com/en-GB/guitar-bass-parts/pickguards-backplates/?series=jazz_bass_pickguards

Just give the "model" number on the 'plate you want to any decent, authorised Fender dealer and they can order it for you :-)

Edited by skej21

[quote name='thebassist' timestamp='1419175001' post='2637207']
[/quote]

I'm in the same boat, I have a trans wine 2012 5er, and I can't see any pickguards for that model, only the previous model. I want to change mine to a white pearloid one to go with the stingray, and sandberg I have also. I may look into getting one made, but would have preferred a genuine Fender one if they had made them.

To the OP, congrats on your new bass, I hope it brings you much happiness.

Cheers Pete :)