Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='560167' date='Aug 4 2009, 01:32 PM']Yo Brother Smithe! Yes, indeed - It's the one I'd be most interested in putting an order for.

BB - Don't be put off ordering your Streamline. They're a fantastic bass & I definitely wouldn't be without mine! I use mine all the time these days :)[/quote]

Does that mean you could be selling some of the 'woodwork' Rich to make way for a nice Streamline 5?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='560208' date='Aug 4 2009, 02:12 PM']Hey Mart :) Nah, I don't like the new "hard edged" model. Sticking with what I've got for the time being...[/quote]

Yer What............you mean they've made the Streamline less, huh, streamlined?
Pity, I quite like the 'half-sucked' boiled sweetness of the mark 1.

[quote name='BassBus' post='560625' date='Aug 4 2009, 09:10 PM']If you click on the Streamline pic on the front page of the Status site you'll find lots of images of both models so you can see the differences.[/quote]

My eyesight must be sh1t BB, the only difference I can make out is the extra knob on the new one verses the 3 on mine (Streamline #6)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='560167' date='Aug 4 2009, 01:32 PM']Yo Brother Smithe! Yes, indeed - It's the one I'd be most interested in putting an order for.

BB - Don't be put off ordering your Streamline. They're a fantastic bass & I definitely wouldn't be without mine! I use mine all the time these days :)[/quote]

I do prefer the Mark 1s roundy edges I must admit ( and it would need to have chrome hardware)but I am also taken by the Graphite T from yon french chappie in the for sale section........decisions, decisions!!!

BB

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='561166' date='Aug 5 2009, 02:11 PM']I do prefer the Mark 1s roundy edges I must admit ( and it would need to have chrome hardware)but I am also taken by the Graphite T from yon french chappie in the for sale section........decisions, decisions!!!

BB[/quote]

Yes, the new T-bass is a really nice instrument as well. I played the first of the new production models at the factory & they really are a stunning bass, but the body is uber-huge. Think KingBass Mk-II & you're on the right lines!

Mart, if you look, the original Streamline like yours and mine all have a nice countoured curve between the top/back & the sides. The new ones have been almost "squared off" in certain areas. Basically less organic and flowing.

Rich.

Old curvy Streamline... (My bass)

New harder edged model...

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

Here is a couple of pics of my newly aquired Black Beauty prototype 23 (may 2003) i traded this bass with JD for a lovely S2 and a few quid his way. They are both cracking basses and i've enclosed a couple of picks of our get together, with our ensemble of equipment.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='563122' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:16 PM']Hey daveski, is that BB prototype the one that came with the authenticating letter from MK?[/quote]
Yeah that's the one OTPJ, it has a letter from Mr Green and Mr King and was used live at the Circus Tavern by him.

[quote name='daveski' post='563004' date='Aug 7 2009, 07:05 PM']Here is a couple of pics of my newly aquired Black Beauty prototype 23 (may 2003) i traded this bass with JD for a lovely S2 and a few quid his way. They are both cracking basses and i've enclosed a couple of picks of our get together, with our ensemble of equipment.[/quote]

Wow! Some stunners there - that Pangborn especially!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='daveski' post='563004' date='Aug 7 2009, 02:05 PM']Here is a couple of pics of my newly aquired Black Beauty prototype 23 (may 2003) i traded this bass with JD for a lovely S2 and a few quid his way. They are both cracking basses and i've enclosed a couple of picks of our get together, with our ensemble of equipment.[/quote]

That's an awesome line up in your collection, Daveski. I see you have a Pangborn there. Do I detect a hint of Jaydee electronics with these basses? Or did pangborn have their active control boards built at the same contractor that made the Jaydee control boards also?

Edited by Mowac

[quote name='witterth' post='585011' date='Aug 30 2009, 11:04 AM']Ive got a 2000 serial number 370 similar to pic post #135.
No coil tap or led, good condition (road worn admitedly-though that's no bad thing in my opinion) & status case.
Can anyone know what that is worth these days?
TA[/quote]
I bought S2000 #84 (1984) recently for €1000. That translated into around £880 if that's of any help.

[quote]Thank you Gentlemen.
not really thinking of selling,just thought they had "gone out of favour" in the last few years, and ultimatley promised to MB1 (if I keep to my word )[/quote]

Martin will enjoy that one when it comes along!

I played the lovely black 2000 that the Moo owns - Stunning bass and one of the nicest Status basses I've ever played.

BassBus... Love the new avatar pic!