Why become a member? ×

SCRATCH-IT! Plate Designer Competition Winners Poll . . . Which is your Favourite?

TimAl

G'Monday moanin' everyone -

Well, that's pretty conclusive isn't it!

[color=#4b0082][size=6][b]CONGRATULATIONS TO Oopsdabassit
[size=5]YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE![/size][/b][/size][/color]

I'll be in touch Oops, plus I'm sure we can sort out a plate in time for Christmas.

Everyone - thank you so much for your participation. As I've always said, personalising your scratchplates won't be for everyone or for every bass, but it's a relatively cheap way to totally transform the look of a, err, mmm, 'standard' bass into something completely personal to you.

Happy Scratchin'!

Cheers
Tim

[sup][size=5]Blimey..1st time I've ever won anything, apart from a tenner on the lottery years ago![/size][/sup]

[sup][size=5]Thanks to all those that voted, I never realised I was such an artist........[/size][/sup]

[sup][size=5]Real pic of plate on a bass...hmmm I think I can sort that out sometime soon :)[/size][/sup]

G'morning all,

Thought it was about time for an update . . .

Mornats - plate in production & will post a pic as soon as it's complete.

Oopsdabassist - read on, this may take a while . . .

Yes, Oops won by a country mile which was a chunk of luck (or, if you prefer, a vote of confidence) for him as he'd already commissioned a plate!

Here's the original competition entry & winner:

Which, as has been proven, was a winning design. However, Oops already had the idea for a Steampunk bass in his mind & when he did a visual of the completed bass it started to look, err, erm, shall we say 'a little busy':

So I was allowed to have a little fiddle & tinker & evolved the plate design to:

This was approved & produced, now being at the tender putting-it-all-back-together stage by Oops. Stoooooopidly I didn't take a shot from the front - to keep the images consistent - so all I have of the (not yet) finished article are:

I'm sure once Russ has finished the build he'll post some pics up to show us the end result.

Just for reference, he's what Russ's chosen plate would look like on a black P:

Thanks all,
Tim

Blimey that's all my 'build diary' pics sorted. Fast work Tim! Yes I admit I already have the guard in my possession and just for interest here it is 'placed' on my other P, not had a chance to get the project bass sorted yet, so this is just a taster.

[url="http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/Mkul0/media/2014-12-09162744_zps9fc1c8a1.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/Mkul0/media/2014-12-09162802_zps4736d9a9.jpg.html"][/url]

I think this actually looks really cool on the plain bass...might have to have a bit of a rethink here.........

Edited by Oopsdabassist

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a conclusion to our BC competition, we also offered another plate of your choice to anyone who simply commented on the original thread with the winner picked at random by the Mods.

So with no further ado, here's our second competition winner's plate - congrats to Mornats, who went with this subtle plate to complement his Squier VM Jazz - great work!

Again, thanks to everyone for your interest & support - it is mightily appreciated indeed.

A Very Merry Everything to all
Tim