wateroftyne

The 'Show us your Limelight!' thread

48 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I've just ordered a Limelight P from Mark

Hi Dunk, welcome, i too recently spoke to mark about a jazz build and was told it would be about 16 weeks, I don’t think I can wait that long 😁, so I’m hoping to get one sooner if I can, I’ll look forward to seeing yours when it’s done 👍

Thanks Reggaebass.. it’s a long wait.. I recently sold my 1959 Precision after 20yrs of ownership and have asked Mark to replicate it.. although I took the opportunity to ‘refin’ to black as mine had a stripped finish for all the time I had it.. I spoke to him on the phone and exchanged many emails so I’m confident it’ll be great.. have you decided to spend your cash on something you can get your hands on sooner or pick up a used Limelight? I see they come up occasionally on here? 

56 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Thanks Reggaebass.. it’s a long wait.. I recently sold my 1959 Precision after 20yrs of ownership and have asked Mark to replicate it.. although I took the opportunity to ‘refin’ to black as mine had a stripped finish for all the time I had it.. I spoke to him on the phone and exchanged many emails so I’m confident it’ll be great.. have you decided to spend your cash on something you can get your hands on sooner or pick up a used Limelight? I see they come up occasionally on here? 

A 59  limelight precision, now that sounds good ,  and yeah I’m hoping to pick up a used one , they do come up but not very often.

On 10/11/2019 at 20:08, Reggaebass said:

This just looks so cool, I think I need one of these 🙂

Damn thats a fantastic bass, any more pics of it ?