Why become a member? ×

The 'Show us your Limelight!' thread

wateroftyne

On 11/06/2020 at 23:15, Hobbayne said:

Is it a matching black headstock too?

I also can see the famous Limelight Pickguard  crack is still in the same place!  :D:D

Not a matched headstock on this one... but I do like those.. 

On 11/06/2020 at 15:46, Dunk said:

Only about 12 weeks Reggaebass.. I was quite lucky as Mark quotes 12-16 usually.. it’s the first bass I’ve bought without actually seeing it first and I could not be happier.. he builds great basses.. I ordered two, the second will be tuned BEAD.. can’t wait to get that one.. 

Is it rude to ask the price 😇

Give Mark a shout and you’ll be pleasantly surprised... if you’ve been drooling over Fender custom shop stuff at £3-5,000 or even Bill Nash stuff at £2-2,500 you’ll be really really pleasantly surprised. His stuff if top notch and lovely to play. Obviously you can spec things up with lightweight tuners etc but honestly the basic spec from him is excellent and of course the colour and level of relic and neck width etc is all down to you, so it’s custom built.. drop him a line, he’s very happy to discuss. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, BassApprentice said:

Question - Do Limelight allow for slightly more custom pickup arrangements? Or do they only deal in Fender styles? Also, do they do 5 strings? 

Ta!

I’m fairly sure they don’t do 5 strings, I remember a few people asking a long time ago 🙂

• Thanks 1

I would recommend the lightweight tuner option but even the standard build is superb with no upgrades. You get full choice of colour and can decide on the level of relic’ing included in the base price. I now own four of them and each is superb and unique.

12 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I would recommend the lightweight tuner option but even the standard build is superb with no upgrades. You get full choice of colour and can decide on the level of relic’ing included in the base price. I now own four of them and each is superb and unique.

:useless:

The Olympic white one came from another BC’er Brian.. the Black one and the Charcoal Frost one I ordered to my spec and the White over Candy Apple Red one Mark had made as a ‘stock’ bass and I snapped it up.. All play differently although the black and Frost ones are my main basses and were intentionally made to feel almost identical so I could swap between them (Frosty is tuned BEAD). 

B5D58D86-D442-45F7-8613-50538916D60D.jpeg

372F42FF-6C2E-4754-A400-927E209795BF.jpeg

0697E9D3-0074-40BF-A361-9BB2FD66335A.jpeg

98BA0143-72B1-4E11-A994-FA4C0AA8F265.jpeg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

And I have a new arrival in my family, went to see Mark in September whilst the lockdown had eased and look what showed on this Friday😁

I can't sing Marks prasies enough, I am over the moon with every element of this beauty

20210222_173535_resized.jpg

20210222_173544_resized.jpg

20210222_173553_resized.jpg

20210222_173634_resized.jpg

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Booga13 said:

And I have a new arrival in my family, went to see Mark in September whilst the lockdown had eased and look what showed on this Friday😁

I can't sing Marks prasies enough, I am over the moon with every element of this beauty

Superb booga, 👍, I didn’t order my one because I couldn’t wait 6 months, I wish I had, it would be here now 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Superb booga, 👍, I didn’t order my one because I couldn’t wait 6 months, I wish I had, it would be here now 🙂

I had buy something as a stopgap to keep me distracted, well I say had to...🤣

Well worth the wait IMHO, or, if you didn;t have your heart set on anything specific then the one currently in classifieds?

• Like 1

On 22/02/2021 at 17:46, Booga13 said:

Really nice... level of relic is perfect.. if it sounds half as good as it looks it’s a winner..?

It sounds every bit as good as it looks😁

I spent a lot of time browsing Marks gallery of previous builds and gave him a mix of suggestions as to elements I liked, not direct requests but just a guide to what I had in my head, I was very happy with his interpretation😎

• Like 2