Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Bash Sun 5 Oct 11.00-5.00 - Risley Park Hotel, Derby Road, Risley DE72 3SS

bassace

I'll be there in spirit !! But I'll also be flying into gatwick from Zurich, then driving straight to stansted to fly to tenerife ........... I think ?? ( that's what I've planned out in my little head )
My greenboy FEARLESS F112 will be there though ( invitca59 is taking it down there for me )
You'll catch it out the corner of your eye, it's the one covered in Marvel comics !! ( experimental covering by TrickyAudio)
So have a great day. I'll be sat by a swimming pool waiting to read all about it on here 😉

So, this is really happening. We could just hang out all day and talk about gut strings (and I am all for that) but perhaps people could note any topics that they would like some leading on and then if anyone else who is coming has any expertise in that area they could do a 20 minute slot maybe midway through the afternoon.

I would love a 5 minute primer on slapping (not that any gig I have ever done has called for it, but ..... you know...... it looks kinda cool). I am sure there is stuff I could lead on and if anyone comes up with a request which matches my diminishing skill set I would be happy to step forward. I am not talking about 1.5 hour session with hand outs, just a more practical hands on kind of thing.

It would be useful if people could print out a little crib sheet about what set up they have so that we can get a quick handle on bits we want to try and also how different bits interact with each other.

Bass->strings->pickup->preamp->amp->speaker
Bow -> rosin

Any other ideas?

Exciting times!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Bassace - Upton and Bryant basses, Clarus amp and Crazy 8 speaker.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Owen - 5 string DB, NS5 EUB, Clarus/Acme rig, Fdeck/Berg rig and some bass uke things.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. Zero9 - Gedo 'Blonde' 4/4 hybrid DB with Thomastik Solo strings, KK Rockabilly and AI Coda R combo[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. StingrayPete1977 - Gedo 3/4 half carved 'antique' with Thomastik Spirocore weichs ebony board/tail, Yitamusic carbon fibre french bow.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. Geoffbassist - German trade bass with Evah regulars[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. Sarah Thomas - German flatback, Superlight EUB, Nemesis 50w amp[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. Oggiesnr - worked upon Antoni plywood bass (see what a bit of money can do )[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]8. Len Derby - coming along to gorp and say hello.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]9. Thurbs - Gear4Music Archer 3/4 with Innovation Honeys and K&K BigTwin, BassMax & GoldenBullet Mic pickups into a Ashdown LB30 & matching LB112[/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]10. Mr Bassman - Hungarian swell lback, German hat peg, Stentor Student, [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Yamaha SLB100, Clifton EUB, A.I. Ten 2 & maybe some Phil Jones[/font][/color]

[quote name='triggno9' timestamp='1411990511' post='2564533']...it's the one covered in Marvel comics !! ( experimental covering by TrickyAudio)[/quote]

So that will be two Greenboy cabs covered in Marvel Comics - just so you can tell one from another at a glance - haha

Edited by invicta59

1. Bassace - Upton and Bryant basses, Clarus amp and Crazy 8 speaker.
2. Owen - 5 string DB, NS5 EUB, Clarus/Acme rig, Fdeck/Berg rig and some bass uke things.
3. Zero9 - Gedo 'Blonde' 4/4 hybrid DB with Thomastik Solo strings, KK Rockabilly and AI Coda R combo
4. StingrayPete1977 - Gedo 3/4 half carved 'antique' with Thomastik Spirocore weichs ebony board/tail, Yitamusic carbon fibre french bow.
5. Geoffbassist - German trade bass with Evah regulars
6. Sarah Thomas - German flatback, Superlight EUB, Nemesis 50w amp
7. Oggiesnr - worked upon Antoni plywood bass (see what a bit of money can do )
8. Len Derby - coming along to gorp and say hello.
9. Thurbs - Gear4Music Archer 3/4 with Innovation Honeys and K&K BigTwin, BassMax & GoldenBullet Mic pickups into a Ashdown LB30 & matching LB112
10. Mr Bassman - Hungarian swell lback, German hat peg, Stentor Student, Yamaha SLB100, Clifton EUB, A.I. Ten 2 & maybe some Phil Jones
11. keeponehandloose - Kay bass(es), Promethean combo
12. invicta59 - Zeller bass, GK rig, fearful 12/6, fearless F112

Hi guys,
Sorry to say that I won't be able to make it on Saturday. I've volunteered to cover a shift for s sick workmate.
I know there's a cost for these events, so if you send me a PM with the appropriate details I'm very happy to pay my share.
I hope you all have a great time.

I am really hoping to come along to this , I am specifically looking to get a feel of a few of them , I recently traded a fretless for one and being a total noob to the beast , I am looking for some pointers to get started properly .
so if there are a few kind soles willing to talk to me that would be great.
I just have to sort a vehicle to get there now !!