Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Bash Sun 5 Oct 11.00-5.00 - Risley Park Hotel, Derby Road, Risley DE72 3SS

bassace

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1412763903' post='2571691']
You guys are doing wonders in promoting the DB world ...
Following this thread and a few others I now have serious DB gas!
[/quote]
It would have been an excellent introduction day for anyone thinking of taking the plunge, I wish there had been something similar a couple of years ago.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1412769457' post='2571780']
It would have been an excellent introduction day for anyone thinking of taking the plunge, I wish there had been something similar a couple of years ago.
[/quote]

Yes, it's a shame I don't live closer or I would of tried to make it for sure. Would of been a great help to get hands-on.
I'm on the slippery slope.. just sent an email to Gedo, this forum still offers a great deal of info and can be very helpful.

All I can say is both Jake Newman and Geoff from the discover double bass lessons both think my Gedo is a good bass for the money, they are good to deal with too ime. One person had a problem with a finger board and they quickly offered them a choice of acceptable solutions other than that everyone appears happy with their Gedo basses :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1412771285' post='2571817']
All I can say is both Jake Newman and Geoff from the discover double bass lessons both think my Gedo is a good bass for the money, they are good to deal with too ime. One person had a problem with a finger board and they quickly offered them a choice of acceptable solutions other than that everyone appears happy with their Gedo basses :)
[/quote]

I loved your bass Pete, it was awesome! There were some great instruments, I also really liked Simon's bass which had an amazing low B and Rodger's Upton was a great player!

Edited by geoffbassist