Why become a member? ×

Watching/supporting basschatters at a gig?

paulbass

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1408308658' post='2528917']
Anyone playing in Leicester soon? Not Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday.
[/quote]
We're at the Nag's Head in Glenfield on Sunday evening. It was originally going to be a 5pm start, but I think it's been moved to a little later now.
On Friday we're at the Lady Jane in Whitwick - but that's no good to you :)

Seen Pete Academy in Nearly Dan, ClarkPegasus in a rock covers band I can't recall the name of, briefly seen PaulWarning in his punk covers band, Roland Rock playing with a Bowie tribute, Chris Sharman playing with Water for Dogs and of course I've reciprocated Seashell coming all the way over to Nottm to watch my current shower by venturing over to Brum to see her at a jam night with Sun Puddle. There may be others I've forgotten or seen but didn't know they were bc members. I don't know about the mentoring bit with seashell but thankfully she's taking proper lessons and not picking up some of the horrendous 'do it yourself' bad habits i probably put on display at most gigs. I'm not really a jukebox, half the stuff I've played I quickly forget unless I'm asked to play it often!

Although I've met lots of bass chatters at various bass bashes and all those kind people who've come to see The Terrortones play, I have a feeling that the only gig by a member's band that I've been to has been Roland Rock with UJam - their first ever gig IIRC!

Would loved to have seen Kit Richardson (Xilddx) and at some point I will get to see All The Queen's Ravens and The Jetsonics.

[quote name='happynoj' timestamp='1408406790' post='2529952']
I played a gig with D-L-B's band (Alpha Male Tea Party) but didn't realise that he was on BC until afterwards. Excellent band, excellent bassist. Nice outfit as well.
[/quote]

Hah! They showed up in my 'Recommended Radio' stream on Last.fm the other day, while I was at work. Top band.

I've only seen two BC members play live, but neither have been active on here for a couple of years. higgins666 used to play for Blue Origin, and Danimal plays for Collision Process (not sure if they're still an active band). Great guys and great bands! The missus has also seen Synapse (sorry Gilligan, I can't remember your username!) but I couldn't make it as I was working and said they're an awesome band.

I must have seen Dave Vader play live at some point way back when... problem is that 20 years ago I used to get so totally drunk a lot t the time I'd even forget where I lived. :/

Otherwise, I've not seen any Basschatters playing in their respective ensembles.

Actually it's becoming quite rare to see any bass players let loose on the public around here...it's all solo acoustic acts :(

Im hoping to see AndyDye in his band next month in Sheffield, the fantastically named Fargo Railroad Co.

I contacted him at random for some information on Kiogen wiring kits after reading his comments about them. It turns out we know eachother from being in bands as teenagers! We used to play gigs together. Small world eh? Top fella, looking forward to seeing them!