Why become a member? ×

NBD Limelight 63 Jazz tribute

karlfer

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1407604254' post='2522280']
another winner from Mark. He seems to be at the height of his powers. Nice one. :i-m_so_happy:
[/quote]

He is indeed. It's a shame nobody will ever own mine other than me. I'd love to be able to share its excellence with others but I won't be letting it go. They can try it (briefly) but won't be selling it. I was worried at first as I had part-exchanged a bass I really loved but in hindsight, it didn't even come close. Top quality instrument from a top quality company :-)

Edited by skej21

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1407604254' post='2522280']
I'm glad it worked out well for you, old man. :) My Limelight Jazz causes a fuss wherever it goes, not just for it's appearance (which is striking) but because of how it sounds. And I can tell you (actually, I think I have!) that it plays very, very nicely indeed. However... my views on the use of tort guards with anything other than sunburst or white are well known... :P but I don't want to be a party-pooper... so welcome to the Limelight Club! :D

Apart from the p*ckg**rd issue (my issue) it looks like another winner from Mark. He seems to be at the height of his powers. Nice one. :i-m_so_happy:

[/quote]

Here we go again :rolleyes:
[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/index_zps4556c279.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/index_zps4556c279.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1407609897' post='2522349']
Wonderful, really liking this one!
[/quote]

Thank you Mr Wailer, it is well know you have impeccable taste :i-m_so_happy:

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1407610263' post='2522355']
He is indeed. It's a shame nobody will ever own mine other than me. I'd love to be able to share its excellence with others but I won't be letting it go. They can try it (briefly) but won't be selling it. I was worried at first as I had part-exchanged a bass I really loved but in hindsight, it didn't even come close. Top quality instrument from a top quality company :-)
[/quote]

I can never say I will never sell it because I am a magpie gear whore. I can say I very much doubt it will leave me because it is bloody amazing. :D

Cheers Karl, right back at you mate. The relicing on this one is very sympathetic to an original, so if it has to be reliced, taste wise this is what I'd go for too.

I agree with you that a lot of 'high end' basses can often be hit and miss despite the price tag, even 1960's era Fender threw out a fair few dogs. I like the fact that Limelight deliver at a decent price, I'd love a similar to yours P Bass version to replace the early 60's Precision's I've loved and lost, definitely would be fun to ask Mark to deliver a personal spec bass if I ever get the spare funds for another bass I can't justify, certainly don't need but will surely love... :)

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1407616799' post='2522417']
Cheers Karl, right back at you mate. The relicing on this one is very sympathetic to an original, so if it has to be reliced, taste wise this is what I'd go for too.

I agree with you that a lot of 'high end' basses can often be hit and miss despite the price tag, even 1960's era Fender threw out a fair few dogs. I like the fact that Limelight deliver at a decent price, I'd love a similar to yours P Bass version to replace the early 60's Precision's I've loved and lost, definitely would be fun to ask Mark to deliver a personal spec bass if I ever get the spare funds for another bass I can't justify, certainly don't need but will surely love... :)
[/quote]

Thanks Daniel.
I was a bit disingenuous about that Fender Custom Shop jazz to be honest.
On the same day, in the same shop, I had a long try of the Fender Custom Shop Dusty Hill and it was very probably one of the best basses I have ever played.
After a couple of weeks of soul searching (get a grip lad, it's a plank with strings :lol: ) , I just could not justify the (REDUCED :o ) price of £2400 for a beat up, simple, but exquisite bass.

Just really ecstatic with this Limelight.
Now, lightly reliced, Fiesta Red, Brown tortie plate, (quiet discreet :mellow: ) Precision body, p/j pups, rosewood board, 70's nut width. I wonder :rolleyes: :D

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1407617820' post='2522433']
Thanks Daniel.
I was a bit disingenuous about that Fender Custom Shop jazz to be honest.
On the same day, in the same shop, I had a long try of the Fender Custom Shop Dusty Hill and it was very probably one of the best basses I have ever played.
After a couple of weeks of soul searching (get a grip lad, it's a plank with strings :lol: ) , I just could not justify the (REDUCED :o ) price of £2400 for a beat up, simple, but exquisite bass.

Just really ecstatic with this Limelight.
Now, lightly reliced, Fiesta Red, Brown tortie plate, (quiet discreet :mellow: ) Precision body, p/j pups, rosewood board, 70's nut width. I wonder :rolleyes: :D
[/quote]

Ooh, I think I might know where you played that Jazz after playing a similarly dodgy one myself, I'll keep quiet though as they also sell some nice gear too and I could be wrong. I'd love to try a Dusty Hill, I have a similar P Bass and for my taste and style it has blown away nearly every vintage P Bass I've ever owned - and being a long term vintage fan that actually hurts me to say, though it equally pleases my bank balance so luckily I'm pretty relaxed still B)

That Fiesta Red P Bass dream machine of yours sounds like a bout of GAS that won't be going anywhere but in your hands, that'll be a great looking player.

Too many choices, brain overloads.... :o

Edited by Chiliwailer

For sure, I remember the days when checking out Loot was as good as it got regarding private sales.

Internet has a lot to answer for, though the GAS can be a proper wind up at times (really want that Cutlass for sale here at the moment) I'm thankful that via the net I've been able to sort out my new collection pretty easily, after the losing the previous one to a home purchase.

I even found my long term girlfriend on the Internet.... thank heavens I didn't have to chose her 'specifications', as with basses there are just way too many lovely variations to chose from so at least some things remain sacred.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1407699300' post='2523172']
Nah, don't like that. How about this one?? :D

[/quote]

Jeez, I was nervous there for a second ;) :P

Wow, that sun bit (techno speak) looks good fella.
We don't get that in Wigan. It would ruin our mud roofs.

Edited by karlfer

Think Sean may have been making a passing reference to the following, which I prized out of his bleeding fingers :D
[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/DSCF0575_zps91b798d2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/DSCF0575_zps91b798d2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]