Why become a member? ×

Greenburst ACG 4 string

charic

That bass is going to be gorgeous mate - I saw it in it's raw state a while ago and it sexy enough then!

You're one lucky B, although I don't envy the next wee wait when the bass is so tantalisingly close :)
Congrats dude.

Eude

[quote name='charic' post='505143' date='Jun 3 2009, 10:38 PM']This was a fair bit lighter than either me or Alan were looking for unfortunately and the amount of coats needed to get a bright colour would have created a risk of the lacquer cracking.

So body got sanded (after setting ofcourse), and after Alans hardwork and sanding the body got stained

[attachment=26501:Staingreen.jpg][/quote]

Er...I'm not clear about this. Do you mean it got lacquered (sprayed) first, then that was sanded off and stained instead?

• 1 month later...

[quote name='charic' post='561353' date='Aug 5 2009, 06:44 PM']Argh, the wait is killing me! And driving my girlfriend mental too, im checkin my email a bit too often I reckon as she sighs when I get my phone out to check :)[/quote]
it will be worth the wait - that is going to be one amazing bass. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

well at work and doing this from my phone but heres the latest updates. Lacquer is drying now and its looking great!

[attachment=31159:IMG_4071.jpg]
[attachment=31160:IMG_4072.jpg]

could talk forever about how excited i am but my boss will be by soon lol!

Imagine how I feel! I can't wait to get my hands on this and see it all together, theres so many people that cant understand that thats its grain. People keep asking if its bumpy or if its painted on. Its painful explaining sometimes!

Atleast its going to be worth the wait!!