Why become a member? ×

"If I don't mention the finish....

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='247392' date='Jul 24 2008, 11:16 PM'][url="http://en.wikivisual.com/images/e/ee/Apples.jpg"]Close up[/url][/quote]

oh dear... it's worse than I thought... I was of the belief that he'd been peeling the labels off apples and oranges and slapping them on his bass... as you do like...

now I have plans to get hold of loads of whisky, rye and Irish whiskey bottle labels and completely cover the body and headstock of my Squier in them...

unfortunately this requires consumption of lots of whisky... and effectively working my way through the spirits section of my local Morrisons... otherwise all the labels will be the same... I'm not sure if my liver will hold out long enough...

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='247415' date='Jul 24 2008, 11:42 PM']oh dear... it's worse than I thought... I was of the belief that he'd been peeling the labels off apples and oranges and slapping them on his bass... as you do like...

now I have plans to get hold of loads of whisky, rye and Irish whiskey bottle labels and completely cover the body and headstock of my Squier in them...

unfortunately this requires consumption of lots of whisky... and effectively working my way through the spirits section of my local Morrisons... otherwise all the labels will be the same... I'm not sure if my liver will hold out long enough...[/quote]

Just to clarify that isn't a real close up.

Good luck in your noble quest good sir.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='247321' date='Jul 24 2008, 09:46 PM']Seems a bit fruity to me.

I'll borrow a coat from MB1[/quote]

MB1. :)
What d'ya think i am?....a Cloakroom Attendant!...DOH!... :huh:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='247415' date='Jul 24 2008, 11:42 PM']oh dear... it's worse than I thought... I was of the belief that he'd been peeling the labels off apples and oranges and slapping them on his bass... as you do like...

unfortunately this requires consumption of lots of whisky... and effectively working my way through the spirits section of my local Morrisons... otherwise all the labels will be the same... I'm not sure if my liver will hold out long enough...[/quote]

MEMEMEMEME!!! I'll help!!!! :) twice the number of livers, half the damage!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='247816' date='Jul 25 2008, 01:54 PM']MEMEMEMEME!!! I'll help!!!! :) twice the number of livers, half the damage![/quote]

won't work... I've just tried steaming the labels off the few bottles I've already "collected" and they won't come off cleanly...

I'll need to get unused labels from somewhere... I think there's several places on t'web that do them...

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='248306' date='Jul 26 2008, 10:35 AM']won't work... I've just tried steaming the labels off the few bottles I've already "collected" and they won't come off cleanly...

I'll need to get unused labels from somewhere... I think there's several places on t'web that do them...[/quote]
Try steeping them in really hot soapy water for a while - that's what we do with our recyclables.:)