Why become a member? ×

Gumtree - fender p bass 60th anniversary

wally8

Hi All

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fender-60th-anniversary-usa-precision-bass-with-hardcase-550-ono/1072155814"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fender-60th-anniversary-usa-precision-bass-with-hardcase-550-ono/1072155814[/url]

This doesnt look like a 60th anniversary to me. Jack input is in wrong place for starters. Owner said he just changed the scratchplate.

Anyone see a 60th anniversary look like this? if it is its not a bad price.

I thought the 60th looked like this

I think the actual 60th anniversary P bass was a special issue combining various bits from different eras (like my 50th jazz) but there is also a special metal plate on everything that was made in fenders 60th year, whenever that was? so these could be two completely different instruments.

All that may also be nonsense but I'm too lazy to google the actual answer...

Edited by CamdenRob

Aha - so mateys may be a USA standard P bass made during the 60th anniversary year, just not the hunky super duper one in the picture on my first post

Cheers Camdenrob - cor would love to be in the worlds end or brewdog at the mo

Yep, standard Fender practice for an anniversary -

Release a XXth model whatever it is, possibly more than one so you could have a mexi and a USA version
Also during that anniversary put a neck plate with XXth anniversary on every single standard one they make.

My 2011 had a special 60th anniversary neck-plate, but other than that was a regular US Standard, no other marks to identify anything out of the ordinary. May be a case of trying to wangle more bucks, or a case of not realising it`s a US Standard. Depends on his Fender-knowledge I suppose.

Looking at it, agree a pickguard swap, but the bridge is also wrong for a 2011 - they have the Fender hi-mass, whereas that`s a regular BBOT. I have my suspicions..........

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1405289752' post='2500543']
A guy I know had a something or other anniversary Jazz bass. That was a mix of the best of every model ever produced over the years.
[/quote]

I have one of those... the 50th anniversary jazz. It's a cracking bass that survived my latest gear cull.