Why become a member? ×

Manufacturers Wearables.

phsycoandy

Buy Hipshot de-tuner

Find that Hipshot de-tuner has too short a shaft for the model M/C it's advertised as being a replacement for.

Moan to Hipshot in email and mention you'll spread it about on a Bass forum

Follow advice in reply and send detuner back to Hipshot for lengthening

Receive back, lengthened, only days later......

.....complete with Hipshot T shirt and baseball cap !!!!!!!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='244719' date='Jul 21 2008, 07:38 PM']Buy Hipshot de-tuner

Find that Hipshot de-tuner has too short a shaft for the model M/C it's advertised as being a replacement for.

Moan to Hipshot in email and mention you'll spread it about on a Bass forum

Follow advice in reply and send detuner back to Hipshot for lengthening

Receive back, lengthened, only days later......

.....complete with Hipshot T shirt and baseball cap !!!!!!![/quote]Dr Dave Id like to see this shirt! it is obscure to say the least, but each to his own, and if it was free!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='244720' date='Jul 21 2008, 07:40 PM']Dr Dave Id like to see this shirt! it is obscure to say the least, but each to his own, and if it was free![/quote]

No worries mate. Shirt , hat and Shuker with newly fitted lengthened de-tuner.

Beard by 'Just for men'

Dr. Dave is not property of Hipshot Products, Inc., 8248 State Rte 96, Interlaken, NY 14847. Please refer any questions to the said member via the web form at [url="http://www.hipshotproducts.com/contact.htm"]http://www.hipshotproducts.com/contact.htm[/url]

:) :huh: :huh:

I have a Marleaux T and cap and copious amounts of stickers... also Vigier T shirts, Rotosound T shirt (dunno why, use it for painting), a Bassdirect polo and sole Line6 stuff... most of it was sent free by various contacts, so no harm in asking someone.

I also got a massive Ritter basses 'seal' rear window sticker on my old volvo which totally obscured rear vision which was quite cool.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='244727' date='Jul 21 2008, 07:50 PM']No worries mate. Shirt , hat and Shuker with newly fitted lengthened de-tuner.

Beard by 'Just for men'

[/quote]
A Leg end in manufactures clothing, and slim with it Dr, keep it up!

Few years back my mates and I blagged our way in to the trade day of the London Guitar show - Trace had the best promo T shirts ever , bright green and pink on black. They were only for the demonstraters at the show but they said I could have one if I wore it right there and then. I chucked my (blagged) Bass Centre T away and put it on.

My fave T shirt ever - sadly it got nicked along with the rest of my luggage from outside Manchester Airport.

I never buy T shirts because folk give them to me. Other bands , shops etc and I get them as presents. I'm such a scruff I think folk feel sorry for me and give me clothes !!
I'm not allowed to take my ZZ gear home in case I wear it to emulsion a ceiling or something , so the guitarists missus launders it for me. I just seem to ruin clothing. Record for a T shirt is minus 10 seconds. I unwrapped it (a pressy) took mine off to try it on and when I went to pick the new one up I'd tipped a tandoori marinade all over it - the turmeric stained it yellow.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='244755' date='Jul 21 2008, 08:15 PM']I don't think Fender or Trace Elliot would let me wear there shirt as it would reflect badly on the product in fact I'm waiting for the phone call from Trace asking me to cover up the logo on my amp.[/quote]
:)

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='244710' date='Jul 21 2008, 07:24 PM']There seems to be a lack of manufacturers who sell aftermarket apparrell ie shirts etc, i mean id quite like a markbass T or some Lakland stuff or whatever, does anyone have any info on availability of this kind of stuff?[/quote]

I know there's nothing available from Markbass at the moment as many bassists have asked the same question. I believe Marco and the team are working on some stuff currently but no announcements have been made yet.

I've got a Warwick baseball cap which I bought from the Bass Centre, but you can get all sorts of Warwick appareil direct from their website [url="http://www.warwick.de"]http://www.warwick.de[/url]

I've got a buddy who works in a music shop and they get free T-shirts off of the distributors when they are trying to pimp their gear.

I'll probably lose a few friends over this, but why in heaven's name would you want to wear them?? That stuff looks really uncool, IMHO of course. The only thing I ever bought was a RUSH thong for my lady, as a joke, naturally. She can't stand RUSH so she's never worn it and thank god for that! I don't want to be thinking of Geddy Lee when I'm visiting that region ;-)

A bit like Marmite perhaps (you either love it or hate it) but Ashdown do a good selection of wearables on their website and the t-shirts are pretty good quality.

"Well, that makes a change" I can imagine some people saying..... :)

[quote name='Krysbass' post='245296' date='Jul 22 2008, 12:44 PM']A bit like Marmite perhaps (you either love it or hate it) but Ashdown do a good selection of wearables on their website and the t-shirts are pretty good quality.

"Well, that makes a change" I can imagine some people saying..... :huh:[/quote]
:)

I have an Ashdown tracksuit top which is pretty cool. The best thing I've owned of theirs (except the old MAG 4x10 with Celestions which was stonkingly good for the money).

[quote name='silddx' post='245283' date='Jul 22 2008, 12:36 PM']I'll probably lose a few friends over this, but why in heaven's name would you want to wear them?? That stuff looks really uncool, IMHO of course. The only thing I ever bought was a RUSH thong for my lady, as a joke, naturally. She can't stand RUSH so she's never worn it and thank god for that! I don't want to be thinking of Geddy Lee when I'm visiting that region ;-)[/quote]

you could always change the R to a B!