Why become a member? ×

This week 'oi 'as an odd hankering for a...

OutToPlayJazz

My GAS is for a P-bass special someone offered me it in exchange for my OLP guitar as it was the only guitar I had here I said no but a mate of mine has given me back the Les Paul I lent him so now I'm going to swap the OLP and I get a P-bass special, I have been pinning for one ever since I had one stolen 2 years ago

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='244556' date='Jul 21 2008, 04:42 PM']What cheapies are you hankering after this week?[/quote]

OTPJ - I think you may need to define what counts as a cheapie. So far we've had nominations for Warwick, Rickenbacker, Gretsch, and a Bongo! I wish I had enough cash to regard that lot as cheapies! :)

Edited by simon1964

[quote]OTPJ - I think you may need to define what counts as a cheapie. So far we've had nominations for Warwick, Rickenbacker, Gretsch, and a Bongo! I wish I had enough cash to regard that lot as cheapies![/quote]

Hehe... I guess one's definition of cheap depends on how many zeros appear at the end of one's bank balance! My idea of cheap is the £169 Thunderbird :)

By all means someone drop me some cash so I can snag a nice'n'cheap Fodera, Sadowsky or Alembic :huh:

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='clauster' post='245890' date='Jul 23 2008, 10:26 AM']Power tools I'm reasonably safe with

But I will lacerate my hands with papercuts from the boxes the drivers come in :wacko:

That is if I can ever decide which cab(s) to build[/quote]
I'll have a couple of 10.5's please Bob. :)

really wanting an SX jazz 5, after getting my 4 string jazz i've fallen in love after new strings and proper set up, just need new bridge and pickups for it :huh:

anyone happen to know the string spacing of the SX jazz 5's? looks quite tight :)

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='245470' date='Jul 22 2008, 04:07 PM']actually been looking at getting a sat nav for getting to gigs.[/quote]
I just got one last week specifically because I had to face a hellish drive back from Shepherds Bush from Greenwich late last week. Don't know how I ever managed without it! It was more expensive than printing out endless maps from RAC route planner but its so nice to be able to just get in the car and drive off without a facing a major trip planning exercise.

This week I was gassing over an Akai Headrush E2 until I remembered that I actually had a looper in my MPXG2...

...then I started gassing over Bassjamm's F-bass and in fact wanting a back up 5 string fretted in general (I have two fretless 5s but only 1 fretted 5, go figure?!) But that's not exactly a cheap item...

...and hopefully my Shuker Custom MIDI 6 will be finished next month. Hey I could actually use that instead of the Smith 5 at gigs in the future and not need the F-bass at all.

I'm working just up the road from [url="http://www.themusicking.co.uk/"]Music King[/url] and so I dropped in there the other day, partly to buy some stands and partly to see if they still do Ace Pro instruments. And they do. I had a plunk on the 8-string bass, which is pretty nice to play, with a through neck, and all for under £200. While that's not £50 off ebay cheap, it's not bad at all for what you get.

Only trouble is, I can't think of a song I'd use it in. And the soon-to-be-current Mrs Zero might run out of patients.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='244629' date='Jul 21 2008, 05:52 PM']Send me £1500 & it's yours, Martin![/quote]

MB1. :)
For that sort of money id want a Princess Kingbass!...............she'd have to deliver it Too! :huh: