Why become a member? ×

Just Fantastic Chaka Khan.

bubinga5

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]if there is one Chaka Khan record that i have been searching for its this Rufus/Chaka record.,i heard it years ago. and i could never remember what it was called. fortunately i have friends in funky places and they posted the record to me. it is for me, a fabulously cool funky soul record. the horns are just amazing for me. you might think differently but i love it all the same. [/color][/font][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh870nZDH_c[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

Hey Bubinga, seems we have v similar tastes.....Chaka is probably my fave female vocalist and a goddess in every way I can imagine.
I fall in love with her every time I open the gatefold sleeve of Rufusized!
Don't know this album tho.
Is it from period after she left Rufus and before she made it big as solo artist?
What's album called too, pls?

well ...after dissing my favourite strings ;) i will let you off for posting this wonderful piece of grooviness

i also recall hearing a Rufus/CK track on the wireless a few years ago and cannot remember the name or find it anywhere - was about 8 ish minutes long more rock than funk - think it was a live track but thats all can recall :huh: edit - the nearest ive bveen able to find is Egyptian Song from 1977 album Ask Rufus - was a similar sort of style but no strings and much more rocky

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1396210973' post='2411075']
yeah it seems so my friend. well I've always had a thing for Chaka. she's a beautiful woman. the song is from the Rufus FT Chaka Khan album 'Camouflage'.
[/quote]
I'm with you on that Bubinga5, i just love Chaka, I remember seeing her on tv in the 70's I think it was on The Tube but I was mesmerised by her voice and since then she has always been my number one vocalist. The fact that she is also extremely stunning is a benefit.

Jazzyvee

Edited by jazzyvee

Guest McBass

Rufus bass player Bobby Watson also plays on this, he's a proper gent and a mater of the groove.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-Mrc2l1d0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-Mrc2l1d0[/url]

[quote name='McBass' timestamp='1396276705' post='2411697']
This is mental....
[/quote]
That is just brilliant, Chaka at her best, and I love Michael Breckers sax solo on that one.
For a different take on the same song, check out another couple of great vocalists, Dee Dee Bridgewater and Bobby McFerrin joining Koinonia for a jam on stage in Montreux:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8g7_HMiUPo[/media]

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1396249557' post='2411276']
i also recall hearing a Rufus/CK track on the wireless a few years ago and cannot remember the name or find it anywhere - was about 8 ish minutes long more rock than funk - think it was a live track but thats all can recall :huh: edit - the nearest ive bveen able to find is Egyptian Song from 1977 album Ask Rufus - was a similar sort of style but no strings and much more rocky
[/quote]
Could it be the Stompin´at the Savoy record with Rufus and Chaka Khan Live from 1983? That is my all time favorite CK record, and it is available on Spotify, at least here in Norway.

a.

[quote name='alibabu' timestamp='1396289027' post='2411916']

Could it be the Stompin´at the Savoy record with Rufus and Chaka Khan Live from 1983? That is my all time favorite CK record, and it is available on Spotify, at least here in Norway.
[/quote]

thanks - no not this one - more like slow dancin or facts of love not so funky but rockin and grindin :huh: oooer missus

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1396289239' post='2411920']
She's on at Ronnies later this year, but I baulked at the £150 tickets...
[/quote]

Me too - I saw her at Shepherd's Bush a few years ago (with Andrew Gouche on bass) and it was a great show and I've been looking out for another London gig but £150 a pop is way too much for me :(

i think this is fabulous.!!!!! a lot of people don't dig Andrew's bass playing, as being too busy. i dig him. love the synth/keys playing also on I Feel for You. great stuff from The North Sea jazz fest.. 14 minutes of Chaka magic.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjNifAFOX68[/media]

Edited by bubinga5