Why become a member? ×

Sold Pending Usual: Cog 'Inertia' Custom Effect Pedal
£200

Kev

It is with a heavy heart I am listing this for sale. My custom order Cog 'Intertia', commissioned with a mission of building a overdrive capable of adding very light grit to heavy drive, together with a big muff fuzz whose tone could be molded into any muff tone possible. The result was this pedal, christened 'Inertia' by myself, and it comprises of an 18v Knightfall Circuit (voltage doubled for headroom) and a Grand Tarkin with LPF and HPF controls alongside the tone nob for ultimate mids manipulation. The webpage for this pedal is [url="http://www.cogeffects.co.uk/inertia.php"]here[/url] and reads as follows:

[b] "Inertia" - Knightfall Distortion and Custom Grand Tarkin Bass Fuzz[/b]

[size=3]"Inertia" is a pedal commissioned by Kevin Hide and designed to provide warmth and dynamic distortion through the Knightfall, and huge fuzz tones through the Grand Tarkin while keeping a small footprint overall. Subtle changes were made to each circuit to squeeze the last few drops out of what each could do; with the Knightfall running at 18v, and corner frequency adjustments on the Tone control of the Grand Tarkin, in a very similar way to [url="http://www.cogeffects.co.uk/dweezil-zappa.php"]Dweezil Zappa's Custom Tarkin Fuzz[/url].

The Knightfall was selected for this custom build as Kev's specification required an effect with the versatility to provide either an always-on overdrive, a boost, or to add just a touch of grit to a bass guitar tone. To mate it with the Kev's existing equipment and to provide increased headroom, the Knightfall runs at 18v, boosted internally.

The addition of the Dweezil mods to the Grand Tarkin creates an extremely versatile bass fuzz, with the filtered clean blend maintaining the enormous lows and the combination of Tone, LPF and HPF allowing a broad range of fuzz tones while still retaining the character of the Tarkin. The LPF and HPF controls are both "more" controls, extending the cut-off frequency of each further into the mid-band of frequencies. With the Tone knob at noon, turning the LPF up will add low-mids initially, and turning up the HPF will add high-mids. The combination of the two allows the user to dial in cut or boost of the mids, and a choice of where those cuts and boosts will affect the mids, and also how wide those cuts and boosts will be. Is it overkill? Yeah, probably. Does it sound awesome? Unquestionably, yes.[/size]

I am selling for a couple of reasons:-

a) I am finding myself using my B7K for drive tones and as such have only been using the Knightfall circuit for over-the-top drive, which is not what I had it built for.

B) I am straying away from Muff-Type fuzz sounds and as such the other circuit is practically going unused.

The pedal has never been gigged, nor has it ever left my house, nor has it had velcro applied, nor does it have a single mark on it. It is in mint condition and it deserves to be gigged the f**k out of.

To have something similar built would cost upwards of £250 and I know Tom is getting orders left right and centre at the moment so imagine build time is also a factor.

£200 firm ,shipped special delivery in UK. Will consider trades but mainly looking for a cash sale. Condition of sale is that you give me first dibs if you decide to move her on! Although, it does have my name on it (literally) so shouldn't be difficult to track down again!

Thanks

Kev

Edited by Kev

This would be all the dirt you need in a single box for several of us I am sure, the Grand Tarkin is a permanent fixture on my board and although I have not tried a Knightfall I think Tom's reputation for building top class pedals dictates it will sound like the dogs b*ll*cks. If it wasn't for already owning a very special GT and owning both a B3K and a Carl Martin Tube Bassdrive I would have bought this already. 200 quid for 2 awesome pedals is a good deal, and this has lots of extra bits added.

Im surprised to see this up here Kev. Youve reasoned it very clearly though. Just waiting for my commission from Tom. If its been up against a Darkglass then that goes a long way to show how highly it can hold its own.

The great thing with buying from Tom is that any little changes or issues can be easily sorted as he is so approachable and a top chap. He'd probably be willing to re etch the new owners name into it. Thats a great price too. If my COG wasnt on order id have snapped your hand off for this .

Glwts

Edited by Buzzardist

[quote name='Buzzardist' timestamp='1395601516' post='2404214']
Im surprised to see this up here Kev. Youve reasoned it very clearly though. Just waiting for my commission from Tom. If its been up against a Darkglass then that goes a long way to show how highly it can hold its own.

The great thing with buying from Tom is that any little changes or issues can be easily sorted as he is so approachable and a top chap. He'd probably be willing to re etch the new owners name into it. Thats a great price too. If my COG wasnt on order id have snapped your hand off for this .

Glwts
[/quote]

Although I feel like I shouldn't be selling a pedal spec'd just for me, I can't justify keeping it when it sadly will not be used as much as it deserves. Cheers for your comments though mate, appreciated :) And I'm sure your pedal will be great, Col, can't imagine Tom building anything but!

[quote name='Buzzardist' timestamp='1395601516' post='2404214']

Glwts
[/quote]

Same here. If I didn't have a custom order in I'd be on this.

GLWTS

If I have the chance I will try and make a sample, although to demonstrate how many sounds this pedal can make would take a long time so I really don't think I could do it justice. It's a superb pedal and deserves to be loved!

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1395825909' post='2406668']
Good luck with the sale, Kev! :)
[/quote]

I feel terrible selling this bud, hope there are no hard feelings! The pedal is superb, but it wont get used the way it should with me :(

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1395859962' post='2407320']
Mmm. I keep coming back to this.
I'm in the process of building my first proper pedalboard and thought I was fairly firm on what I wanted.
I had been set on a Woolly Mammoth and a B7K, but I guess this could do both at less than half the price.
Oh.....what to do!
[/quote]

Made in UK by a top bloke too... ;)

The pedals runs off a standard 9v supply and is doubled internally.

the current draw, I don't know the figure but it will be very low, not something to be concerned about. Providing you plug the power supply in, it will be enough for this pedal ;)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1395860231' post='2407333']
I feel terrible selling this bud, hope there are no hard feelings!
[/quote]

None whatsoever matey :)

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1395865965' post='2407464']
If I didn't have a special little Knightfall 66 already in the making I'd snap this up and flog my TFR! Bargain price for what's bound to be a remarkable dirt box, and one of Tom's proudest moments I believe! ;)...

GLWTS Kev!
[/quote]

Al, You know where to find the Grand Tarkin if you miss out on Inertia ;)

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1395868891' post='2407518']
Your going to love the 66 bakerster135 ........IT'S ACE!as I imagine this would be awesome( if I didn't have a grand T on the way :-( )
[/quote]

Off-topic, but yours will be in the post to you next week Dan!

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1395871975' post='2407566']
Kev,

Sorry to be a pest and a complete doofus, but could you expand on the voltage requirement please.

The info suggests it runs at "18v boosted internally". Does that mean it has a special power supply or can you use a 9v and the Inertia doubles it?

Also, do you know what current it draws? I'm doing me sums as you can probably tell :-)
[/quote]

I'll check current draw and let you know. It's low enough that I can't recall it off the top of my head as it's not an issue! :)

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1395929577' post='2408077']
Enough already. I'll take it!

PM your details Kev and I'll send the money over to you.

P.S. I promise you can have first dibs on it if we don't get on :-)
[/quote]

Thank feck for that. I was just going to buy it!