Why become a member? ×

What was that looper on Facebook?

alembic1989

All very impressive (I mean it), but a serious* philosophical question: Does this really count as a solo, as claimed by the header on the first video?

Yes it's one person, but with it being looped/multi-tracked like this can it really called a solo?
If some one lays down and loops a bass track, then a keyboard track, then a guitar track, you would hardly call it a solo, even if it was one person doing it in real time (well I wouldn't), so would you call looping the same instrument a solo?.

* serious as in I'm genuinely interested in peoples views, not serious as in "Important".

[quote name='Phil Adams' timestamp='1394974660' post='2397211']
Personally I like it and admire him for doing it.
He has played all the notes, and he had to know how to time it all and blend it all etc etc.
Works for me
[/quote]
Just to make it clear that I admire him for having the talent to do it (I certainly haven't), and doing it, even if it's not the sort of thing I'd listen too much. It was a genuine question as to the semantics of whether this should be called a 'solo' or not, not disparaging him/it in anyway at all.

Edited by Count Bassy