Why become a member? ×

rehersal space around bath

sbrag

We're considering possibilities for a cheaper option to the usual rehersal rooms. Does any one know a good value rehersal space near bath (guitarist and singer in the city drummer in Chippenham and im in bristol). Thinking of church halls industrial units outbuildings etc. Cheers

I've heard of people recording vocals in the bathroom because of the natural reverb, but I don't think there'd be enough rehearsal space around the bath for an entire band. I recommend putting the drummer in the bath itself. Also, you may struggle to find an electrical socket to plug your amps into.

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1390753964' post='2349035']
I've heard of people recording vocals in the bathroom because of the natural reverb, but I don't think there'd be enough rehearsal space around the bath for an entire band. I recommend putting the drummer in the bath itself. Also, you may struggle to find an electrical socket to plug your amps into.
[/quote]

Haha brilliant!

Haha yes the city of bath I should have seen that coming. Weve used stage 2 and shockerwick and like them both but we are rehersing more than gigging at thw moment and are looking for ways of keeping the costs down. Looking for any hidden gems to use. For example our drummer knows a band who use a farm outbuilding but its not in a location we can get to easily.

[/quote]

Mind you when you see the ads on the telly for a new bathroom the rooms they show you are about as big as my house.

... but yes, put the drummer in the bath anyway. If nothing else it will catch the sweat!!

Edited by Count Bassy

[/quote]

Apparently Judas Priest recorded the drums to British steel in the toilet . I"ll leave that alone.
Anyway , bump to the op ;)

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1390752821' post='2349013']
We're considering possibilities for a cheaper option to the usual rehersal rooms. Does any one know a good value rehersal space near bath (guitarist and singer in the city drummer in Chippenham and im in bristol). Thinking of church halls industrial units outbuildings etc. Cheers
[/quote]

I rehearsed a few times in the past at Cold Ashton village hall, it's pretty much en route and halfway distance for you all.
Maybe worth giving them a call.