Why become a member? ×

Ashdown DH-15-C110 15w All Valve 10" DROPHEAD 15 combo

franzbassist

I saw Ashdown post a picture of one of these a couple of months ago on their facebook page and have been interested ever since. I have to keep reminding myself that I already have enough amps (5 Ashdown amps and several of their cabinets) and don't need a tube practice amp...

But is is awfully cute and if I could get it in chrome to match my CTM300 then I fear I would admit defeat and phone Ashdown straight away :happy:

*salivates*

I did own a CTM-15 head for all of 24 hours (I changed it for a LB30 so I'd be able to play at band volumes). It did sound bloody nice. And I have been thinking about a new practice amp; my beloved old Laney is starting to get a little senile.

Excuse me, I think I need to go and get a towel...

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1390561067' post='2346781']
Any idea of price? The old dropheads were ridiculously expensive compared to just buying the head and cab separately!
[/quote]

No idea yet I think, but as these will be all-PRC made I would imagine significantly lower than the UK made LB Drophead combos.

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1390561950' post='2346801']
Consider the CTM-15 is like £370 ....... so with the 10" cab i can't see it will be less then £400.

Around £500 ish i reckon.
[/quote]

I wouldn't bet on that just yet - look at the difference in price between the lb30 and the drophead 30! If it's made in China you'll be close. If it's made in the UK you're not...

I think they will make the first 100 or something in the UK which the price will be a lot because is made in UK, then the rest will be made in china.

I certainly wouldn't want to pay over a grand for this .........

I have a LB30 already, if the price is right for this drop head 15 i may consider buying it for home use and jam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Now in stock at Soundslive for £499 [url="http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Ashdown_DH-15-C110_Drophead_15_Bass_Combo_Amplifier/ASH-DH-15-C110?CAWELAID=720016190000001005&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=720016190000000616&cadevice=c&gclid=CjkKEQjwwbCcBRCxvJn9-N6dorwBEiQAVriOip1UaBMmgyY58JIUKyS-eYRLMPtW83DNkHnKuVODcKHw_wcB"]here[/url]

That looks cool, good price too. I wounder if Ashdown could tell use two things. 1 is this the same head ? Acording to the web site this one has two preamp valves! Will the drob head cab be available seperatly for those of us who have already bought the not quite all valve CTM 15 head ?
If Ashdown are intrested I have a very nice little bass amp prtotyped , simple 5751 pramp into a single 6550 power amp. Gain, single tone control, master volume and defeat able negative feed back producing abot 12 W in my prototype but I could have taken it to about 20 to 25 watts with bigger transformers.

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1401965236' post='2468712']
Any reasons why you selling your CTM15?
[/quote]

Before I got the CTM15 I had started to tinker with and mod tube amps. I now have three home built tube amps the CTM15 , a Fender Greta, a Fender Excelsior and a BG250 2X8 plus a pair of ashdown VS cabs.
I need some room lol.
The Greta and the Excelsior have to go too. And mabe a couple of basses.
I need to fund my next amp build, a big one this time!

• 2 weeks later...