Why become a member? ×

SOLD Closet Classic 2012 Fender precision bass "pro" model
£2499

Talbo

[quote name='Talbo' timestamp='1388429744' post='2321921']
Just added a link in the original add. Bought roughly 3 months ago, 2 gigs only, mint condish, case, tools etc etc.
[/quote]

Sorry to ask again, but will you please confirm the asking price is £2499?

To be honest Talbo, if you want somebody to spend £2200 you are going to have to make a bit more effort. I say the following to help you.
Photos. I certainly wouldn't spend that amount without decent photos.
Weight, ask girlfriend, wife, her mates, see if they have luggage scales. Ask a fisherman you know if they have any scales. Piece of ribbon/cotton tround the nut, gently hang off scales.
Good luck with your sale, I would say it's a great bass but I've not actually seen it.

Thats a bit aggro, have you been drinking!?? Pics tomorrow. Not sure what the deal is with needing an exact weight!?! The official weight is 4.10 kg -
I dont have a set of scales in my house AT ALL, so I cant weight the bass to the nearest gram ;)
Sorry!

The weight is vitally important to those of us with dodgy backs. Anything over 8.5 lbs and I start to struggle.

Unfortunately, no two trees are the same, so the 'official' weight is only a guideline.

Like I mentioned in my PMs, I'm genuinely interested but I'm not going to drop 2K+ on a bass without a bit of basic info. :-)

Good luck with the sale, though.

[quote name='Talbo' timestamp='1388531828' post='2323225']
Thats a bit aggro, have you been drinking!?? Pics tomorrow. Not sure what the deal is with needing an exact weight!?! The official weight is 4.10 kg -
I dont have a set of scales in my house AT ALL, so I cant weight the bass to the nearest gram ;)
Sorry!
[/quote]

I'd have thought anyone asking over £2K for a used Fender (that isn't a highly desirable vintage) could manage to find a set of scales - they're pretty commonplace items and a lot of people will make a purchase, or not, based on weight.

Some pics of the actual instrument are always going to help a sale.

Maybe a bit of common civility to an, obviously interested potential purchaser, might not go amiss as well. . .

Not that it makes much difference to your detailed description but they are still available new because the 2012 run did not sell out. I know a dealer that has two of them for sale.

Edited by molan

[quote name='Talbo' timestamp='1388531828' post='2323225']
Sorry!
[/quote]

Neither aggro or drinking, find both comments rather offensive to be honest, but hey, I haven't got a £2200 bass to move.
Happy new year to you.