Why become a member? ×

Like Father like son

marcus bell

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1384468162' post='2277205']
seriously? A BC'er posts a photo displaying not only two top quality basses (no matter what you think of the design) that he and his Dad have a common interest in and all we can do is take the piss?

Pffft. :(
[/quote]

Lighten up dewd!

Edited by xilddx

seriously? A BC'er posts a photo displaying not only two top quality basses (no matter what you think of the design) that he and his Dad have a common interest in and all we can do is take the piss?

[/quote]

I've seen no piss taking just forum members having a laugh, of course we are happy for Marcus but where's the fun in 50 posts saying 'nice basses mate' ?

[quote name='marcus bell' timestamp='1384470016' post='2277221']
Doesn't bother me too much. You can all say what you want, at least me and my old man share an interest and get on really well, that means me to me than all the bass guitars on the planet.
[/quote]

That's the weird bit for people of my generation and older. Dads are supposed to say " That's not music , it's just a bloody racket. Frank Sinatra , that's music..." etcetera., not have a funked-up three hour Mark King slapathon with their son and then go buy out and buy a Status :) .

Someone was talking on Basschat a while ago about their grandparents taking them to an Iron Maiden gig ! The world has changed , and I feel lost in it . Having said that , Marcus is of the age that he could be my son , so we could have the same common interest , but if he lived under my roof , bass or no bass, that hair and the sleeveless t -shirt would have to go., I'm afraid.

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1384447754' post='2276855']
Your dad looks a bit like Ross Kemp, and that photo is crying out to be used in a caption competition .[/quote]Could be worse. My Dad looks like Regan from the Sweeney and has no interests in common with me, in fact I'd go as far as saying he despises musicians :-(

Doesn't bother me too much. You can all say what you want, at least me and my old man share an interest and get on really well, that means me to me than all the bass guitars on the planet.
[/quote]

There you go! It's a really heartwarming pic :)

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='chriswareham' timestamp='1384470642' post='2277229']
Could be worse. My Dad looks like Regan from the Sweeney and has no interests in common with me, in fact I'd go as far as saying he despises musicians :-(
[/quote]

My dad looks like Kenny Rogers. Sings like Ted Rogers.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1384468814' post='2277210']
I've seen no piss taking just forum members having a laugh, of course we are happy for Marcus but where's the fun in 50 posts saying 'nice basses mate' ?
[/quote]

Nice basses mate!!!

I think Dad looks a bit like my pal Stevie ( he's the bald one btw)

[/quote]

Besides, if you think this is taking the piss, you should have been around here when I asked for some hairdressing advice... :ph34r:

[/quote]

That is genuinely brilliant, and it IS a really great pic, by the way. Apologies if I caused offence. No malice intended! :)

[/quote]

Well done mate, I can relate to this. My dad got me into music and and soon as I could play a few notes on the bass I was actually drafted into his band. I played in the same band with him for about 6 years and I felt very privileged to get on with him so well at an age when most of my friends hated their parents.....teenagers and their angst!!

Love the basses too, prefer yours though.

I would sell my left nut for a KingBass. Your dad's one has the kind of wood I'd go for, but I'd have to have white LED's. That's a great photo, if you have a twitter account you should tweet it to MK himself, I reckon he'd be well impressed with that. :)

[/quote]

Good call, chief.

Did he teach you to play, or did you arrive at it for yourself?

[/quote]

Nice one Marcus, enjoy your new bass. Hold on to it too, if it's your dream one then getting rid of it will be a decision you'll always regret.