Why become a member? ×

Aux-in and Headphone Out in a little box. Does it exist?

Truckstop

Hello all, need some pointers!

I'm looking for a small effects-type box that's got an aux-in (for iPod, laptop etc) and a headphone out so I can practice along to songs in, and I quote, "complete and utter silence" (Mrs T!).

I think a lot of the larger multi-effects and outboard pre-amps have this feature but they're a little big to bring downstairs and I just want a basic bass signal, don't need any tone shaping or effects.

Over the last couple of years I've had a GK MB500 and an Ampeg PF500 which have both already had the feature and I've just noticed that my SWR Workingman's doesn't! Obviously I don't want a new head, so just looking for a gadget-type thing.

Anyone know of such a thing?

Cheers

Alex

I was looking for exactly this, because I live in a flat and I really couldn't do any practice without annoying both flatmates and neighbors. I looked for ages to get something like you describe and the cheapest solution looked to be the VOX Amplug. Unfortunately due to the recessed jack on my bass, I don't think this would have fit.

A lot of the small, separate-box solutions that I looked at, like the Ashdown posted above, seem to be pretty expensive for what I wanted to use purely as a practice tool. I ended up with a multi-effects unit, so not quite what you are looking for, but I now use it both as a practice tool and live so it was certainly worth it to me. I got the Line6 Bass Floor Pod, but it might be worth looking at the smaller 'bean shaped' version, they can go for pretty cheap and aren't that big.

I have found myself doing so much more practice now and enjoying it much more.

Good luck with the search,

Tom

Edited by tm486