Why become a member? ×

Cool video about making of bass line to Walk on The Wild Side

Clarky

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1382990826' post='2258926']
ooh dear yea, but i bet it pays the bills
[/quote]

Did you see the documentary about the making of The War of the Worlds stage show?
Herbie turns up for rehearsals on his very old BMW 3 series, and as he rushes past the cameras he blurts out something akin to: "See my car, a 20 year old BMW! That's how much money I've made from music! I've played on 500 (might have been 5000) hits you know"

[quote name='Phil Adams' timestamp='1383031373' post='2259209']

Did you see the documentary about the making of The War of the Worlds stage show?
Herbie turns up for rehearsals on his very old BMW 3 series, and as he rushes past the cameras he blurts out something akin to: "See my car, a 20 year old BMW! That's how much money I've made from music! I've played on 500 (might have been 5000) hits you know"
[/quote]no never see it Phil but i'll have a look on youtube

£24 was worth a lot more back in 1972. Plus he played on more than one track on the album and so was there for more than a single half-day session.

Also it shows the gamble you take as a session player. Take the session fee now and get a guaranteed payment based on the hours and instruments you played, or hold out for a songwriting credit and royalty and instead run the risk of getting a percentage of nothing.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1383169352' post='2261226']
£24 was worth a lot more back in 1972. Plus he played on more than one track on the album and so was there for more than a single half-day session.

Also it shows the gamble you take as a session player. Take the session fee now and get a guaranteed payment based on the hours and instruments you played, or hold out for a songwriting credit and royalty and instead run the risk of getting a percentage of nothing.
[/quote]
In 1972, £24 was a weeks wages for me.