Why become a member? ×

Am I Mad?

MiltyG565

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1382955655' post='2258301']
Just don't forget ...... that you are checking them out as much as they are checking you out. Don't be afraid to back out if they look like a shambles, it will save you time in the long run.
[/quote]

Perhaps this should have been the advice Milty was offered on first joining BC. :unsure: I certainly could have used it. :(

:D

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1382945649' post='2258141']
You turn up at the first rehearsal and then they come clean and tell you it's actually a Suzi Quattro Tribute Band :P
[/quote]

....and you have to do this dance routine

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ShxkcqUlQ[/media]

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1382966235' post='2258511']
Ha! I'm the only one qualified for that round here! And before you cite the other laydeez here on BC, let me point out they are all far too young. :lol:
[/quote]

Oh I don't know... I've got the moves & the moobs.

Can I be your keys player then? He's having loads of fun in the choruses! :D

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1383173391' post='2261300']
Never mind, they didn't deserve you anyway. Onwards and upwards! :-)
[/quote]

Mrs Dingus often looks upwards and mutters to herself about what did she ever do to deserve me. Does that mean she is really grateful?

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1383177652' post='2261354']
You're probably right. I'm sure there were far better people for the job... and they got it! :lol: :rolleyes: Oh well, as you say - Onwards and upwards :happy:
[/quote]

Are you sure they didn't discriminate against you because you're Irish, Milton?

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1383181704' post='2261383']
Milty's Irish..? :o
[/quote]

(8) As I was going over, the Cork and Kerry mountains...(8)

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1383179507' post='2261368']
Are you sure they didn't discriminate against you because you're Irish, Milton?
[/quote]

Absolutely. The tribunal is next week :)

You should start your own band , Milty.

You're young enough , you've got plenty of energy and lots of ideas . And being from Northern Ireland will help get you on Radio 1 . They love to go out of their way to be "minority regional" at every oppotunity , so take advantage. I fully expect next years Radio 1 Big Weekend to be held in cow shed on the Outer Hebrides while Radio 1 DJs wax lyricalk about how vital and vibrant the local music scene is and thousands of teenage music fans try and stave off hypothermia whilst raving to the latest and hippest bands . You could be playing bass in one of them .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1383241306' post='2262066']
You should start your own band , Milty.

You're young enough , you've got plenty of energy and lots of ideas . And being from Northern Ireland will help get you on Radio 1 . They love to go out of their way to be "minority regional" at every oppotunity , so take advantage. I fully expect next years Radio 1 Big Weekend to be held in cow shed on the Outer Hebrides while Radio 1 DJs wax lyricalk about how vital and vibrant the local music scene is and thousands of teenage music fans try and stave off hypothermia whilst raving to the latest and hippest bands . You could be playing bass in one of them .
[/quote]

I have tried to many times. I can never find local people who want to start a band. I even took the stance of "genre preference doesn't matter" for a while, and that still didn't get any results. Oh well :rolleyes: