Why become a member? ×

Octave Pedal

JuliusGroove

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1382637221' post='2254880']
I'm in the studio this week and been using a pearl octave into various fuzzes, synth bliss!!
[/quote]

Hi Gaz, how do you find the tracking on the Pearl? Also how low does it go?
Currently using an EBS which is alright, but fancy an octave up pedal myself, the Pearl OC-7 sounds interesting.
Cheers Nick

The Organizer works great on bass, in fact I actually think it's better voiced for bass. Because it can go two octaves up, I find that too much on guitar, whereas on bass it has a really nice quality. The down octave is great, although much less synthy and subby than the OC-2 for example. Check my Organizer bass demo here: [url="http://soundcloud.com/simonpoulton/earthquaker-devices-organizer"]http://soundcloud.com/simonpoulton/earthquaker-devices-organizer[/url]

Another simple and great sounding Octave is the DOD Ocotoplus, usually can be picked up real cheap, however just does one octave down.

I think down octaves often track better on bass as they tend to require a rounder, fatter tone going into them to tracks. Up octaves I have experimented with less, however my experience suggests that there is no difference in how they track with bass compared to guitar.

Si

[quote name='nick' timestamp='1382648123' post='2255109']
Hi Gaz, how do you find the tracking on the Pearl? Also how low does it go?
Currently using an EBS which is alright, but fancy an octave up pedal myself, the Pearl OC-7 sounds interesting.
Cheers Nick
[/quote]

hi Nick

to be honest, they were parts I had been playing before with an OC-2, so I had tailored the lines to the tracking of the OC-2. Didn't have the time to sit down with the pedal and explore that much... but I think bettern than an OC-2. Held notes were not glitching nearly as quickly as with the BOSS.

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1382700417' post='2255571']
hi Nick

to be honest, they were parts I had been playing before with an OC-2, so I had tailored the lines to the tracking of the OC-2. Didn't have the time to sit down with the pedal and explore that much... but I think bettern than an OC-2. Held notes were not glitching nearly as quickly as with the BOSS.
[/quote]

Cool.... just ordered a PCB for a OC-7 from Madbean. I'm gonna build a clone, find out for myself! :)
Cheers Nick

For 'everyday' playing my vote goes to the Aguilar Octamizer. It tracks really well and I don't have to play anywhere near as precisely as on other octave pedals I've had.

For gigging purposes I find this make it much more usable than anything else I've tried :)