Why become a member? ×

Good bass tone here

The Dark Lord

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1383661815' post='2267220']
Just got round to reading this month's issue.

It seems he is a pretty well respected player and surprisingly well known too then:

Quotes:

"Is this man the most advanced bass player in the world"

"The busiest bassist on planet earth"

He's made a few other covers too, including no less than three times on the biggest selling bass mag in the world - Bass Player!

[i]Surprised more bass players haven't heard of him. . .[/i]
[/quote]

You may find that not every bass player reads that mag, or any others, same as every playstation or xbox owner doesn't buy or read their respective publications.

Remember John Hall once said, BC represents 1% of the bass playing populous in the UK. Or some other BS.

I don't particularly like Mr Big or Billys tone and certainly don't like watching his soloing , but I've got to admit watching interviews with him on YouTube he's a very interesting bloke and some of his bass lessons are very useful indeed. I've got a lot of good information from watching him and like the way he talks about his methods of set up. He seems a very down to earth guy too.

Disappointing that they don't ask Billy to elaborate on the recent, albeit, short lived modification he made to his bass, by adding a piece of plastic below the P pickup. This is clearly visible in the photos. No questions about future Mr. Big plans either. Also the magazine seems to follow the old Guitarist Magazine habit of using several, very similar photos from the same session, which makes for a rather boring presentation.

Edited by arthurhenry

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1383684937' post='2267744']

You may find that not every bass player reads that mag, or any others, same as every playstation or xbox owner doesn't buy or read their respective publications.

Remember John Hall once said, BC represents 1% of the bass playing populous in the UK. Or some other BS.
[/quote]

I didn't think anyone read play station or xbox magazines - aren't they too busy playing games all the time :)

Did John Hall say it or sing it?

http://youtu.be/CSKMhYY4fAc

PS. I see Billy S has made the cover of this month's Bass Player again - that boy certainly gets around!

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1383816873' post='2269377']
Had the album a while, got some good stuff on it and holds up well as a collection of songs. Didn't even know Kotzen could sing!
[/quote]
Can he ever! Check out some of his solo albums...