Why become a member? ×

Basses owned ( is one you want amongst these? )

Paul_C

[quote name='walplayer' post='27004' date='Jul 4 2007, 02:46 PM']'90 Wal 4 B'eye facings midi
'89 Wal 5 Walnut fretted
'81 Wal 4 Padauk Defret
'85 Wal 4 Padauk Fretted
'87 Wal 4 Yew fretted
[b]'90 Wal 4 White fretted[/b]
'91 Wal 4 Maple fretless
'86 Wal 4 Olive Ash fretted
'84 Wal 4 Wenge fretted
[b]'84 Wal 4 Black fretted[/b]
'88 Wal 4 Salmon pink midi mk1
'92 Wal 4 Honduran Mahogany
'91 Wal 4 Padauk
'98 Wal 4 Solid Ash mk3
'83 Wal 4 Sunburst custom fretless
'82 Wal 4 Wenge fretted
'96 Wal 5 Padauk mk 3 fretted
'87 Wal 4 Shedua fretless
'85 Wal 4 Maple fretted
'80 Wal 4 Pro 2 e fretless
'82 Wal 4 Solid shedua fretted
'83 Wal 4 Solid Ash fretted
'96 Wal 5 Olive Ash fretless**
'03 Wal 5 Shedua mk 3 fretted*
'87 Wal 4 Shedua fretless*[/quote]

Wow!! :) ..... just WOW!! :huh:

If you still had that white one and the black one I'd bite your hand off for them!!! Or at least buy them off you for lots of money! :huh: :huh:

My doesnt seem that big anymore :huh:
[u][b]Own now:[/b][/u]
[b]Listerud "Spyder lookalike" Explorer: [/b]
in the memory of John Thunder Fingers Entwistle, great sound! exelent bass, and it looks stunning!
[b]Fender 70's P bass:[/b]
Great bass, love the sound, love the feel. enough said! :huh:
[b]Maestro fretless 6 stringer[/b]
i wanted to learn fretless and 6 string, and its always nice with a 6 string and a fretless, so i found a cheapo on Ebay (great Bass BTW, i wouldnt have expected this for the price at ALL..) It gonna get new pickups and electronics when i can afford it, also a proper setup when the new strings come.. (i found a 6 string set of Rotosound Flatwounds :huh: )
[i]
[b]Have owned:[/b][/i]
[b]2005 Warwick Streamer LX 4[/b]
Nice Bass, when i got the Listerud i only used it in passive mode with flatwounds and the P pickup, so i decided tolet it go and it was almost a straight trade for My P bass, the money just.. passed through my Paypal account :huh:
[b]2002 Warwick Rockbass Corvette 4[/b]
Part exchange for the G&L L2000, per say the rockbass never realy was my bass, straight inn and out again.
[b]G&L L2000 Natural[/b]
Exelent bass! Went becouse of my Listerud, would buy again, but then not in boring Ash Natural (Blueburst it will be if i buy again.. :) )
[b]Ibanez Roadster RS900TV[/b]
Nice Bass, wouldnt buy one again though, was only bought becouse Phil Lynott Used one.
[b]Status Eclipse Series 1, 5 string[/b]
The build quality was great, Sustain that never would die, im not sure what i thought about the tone, and i didnt like to play a 5 string as "main bass", they dont feel all that comfortable to me.. maby it was the wide Status 5 strings..
[b]Fender Japan Precision 70's Reissue[/b]
Nice Bass, i would have missed it, but now i have the "real thing"
[b]Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass[/b]
The only one i truly miss, a great bass and i will get a new one sometime soon. (gonna be a "project bass" as im gonna change alot of stuff on it)
[b]Jackson KBX (Kelly Bass X)[/b]
Dont wanna talk about it, didnt realy like it or its tone...
[b]Louder Jazz Bass Copy[/b]
My first, actually a quite good beginner bass IMO, it took the place of the KBX bass after a while.

• 2 weeks later...

In order of apperance in my life. Basses with * are still in my collection.

- Hagstrom Les Paul Bass*
- Alembic Orion 5
- Ibanez Silver Series Jazzbass
- Warwick Fortress One fretless
- Sadowsky NYC standard
- Music Man Stingray
- Hamer Cruise Bass 5
- Tokai Hardpuncher
- Alembic Orion Fretless 5
- Richwood Jazzbas

- Alembic Epic Fretless
- Celinder J Update
- Fodera NYC Empire fretless
- Tokai Hardpuncher
- Tokai Jazzsound
- Tokai Hardpuncher
- Tokai Hardpuncher
- Tokai Jazzsound
- Yamaha BB3000A Fretless
- Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn

- Wal Mark II Fretless 5
- Celinder J Vintage Fretless 5*
- Wal Mark II Midi bass
- Fender Custom Shop ’64 Jazz
- Fender Precision 1966*
- Fender Precision 1963*

From then (80's) to now, I think in order.

Steinberger 'Stick' (Black, ? I borrowed it OK it wasn't mine)
Ibanez Musician (Ivory pearl, 'pimps bass') :)
Tokai Jazz fretless (Red, now natural with EMG's & BadAss bridge, present from girlfriend) *
Godin fretless (Black, noisy mistake, FEEDBACK!!!......)
Jaydee Supernatural (Cherry, only mistake was selling it)
Wal fretless (Exotic, part of the family) * :huh:
Warwick Thumb (Natural, expensive mistake)
Musicman Stingray (Natural, only needed for short tour)
Tokai Jazz (Sunburst, EMG's & BadAss again) *
Jaydee Supernatural (Fluorescent lilac,.......LOL, Cherry with cherub inlays) * :huh:
Status Series I (Black, now natural, needs new home) *

* Still in my possesion

Crikey... this makes my little collection look really pathetic.

Saying that, most of them are nothing to write home about, I only started buying [i]proper[/i] basses a few years ago! Chronological order then...

[b]Hohner Arbor[/b] - donated to the cause by a friend's muso dad, who realised we were lacking a bassist. The start of my 4 string career, age 14. Gave it him back 18 months later when i'd settled in with my...

[b]Squier Precision Special[/b] - the first bass I actually bought for myself. A jazz neck, and P/J pickups, and it still plays alarmingly well. Sitting behind my sofa unloved due to knackered electrics, although I keep threatening to buy some parts and do it up real sweet. I'll let you know if it ever happens!!

[b]Ibanez GSR200[/b] - another piece of cheap tat, loaned to me by my then-drummer when the electrics went on the squier. toneless, and also behind my sofa waiting for me to sort out the shaky neck. notable only for the kermit the frog doll swinging from the volume knob. must take him out on stage again one day!

[b]Ibanez Ergodyne EDC700[/b] - A cash converters bargain, and my first taste of the world of active bassing. Seemed awfully flash after my previous outings, but the absence of wood from the body meant an absence of tone too. Went back to cash converters for virtually nothing in a moment of skint-ness. The only bass i've ever sold.

[b]Tanglewood Warrior semi[/b] - A birthday present from old bandmates, the bloke in our praccy rooms only wanted £50 for it!! I've never seen another one like it, f-holes and all, but the weakest pickups i've ever encountered. Took it out on stage now and again, but the on-off risks of the P's dodgy output seemed worth it for the better tone. Currently out on loan to my mate's little brother, who is turning out to be quite the natural with it. Got to do your bit for the kids, feel like i'm passing on the torch from the bloke who lent me the Hohner!!
[i]
then in '04, we got serious...[/i]

[b]Musicman SR4 3EQ[/b] - My dream bass... saw it in a music shop on my hols in Australia, fell in love, and that was the end of my holiday money, and the demolition of my credit limit (the first and last credit card i'll ever have, i hope). All natural, black guard, maple neck, my first REAL bass!! Still my #1 on stage, it's the love of my life. Can't see myself ever wanting to part with it. Although it does get a little jealous of...

[b]Musicman SR4 3EQ 2005 ltd edition[/b] - I'd had sleepless night over this bass, but kept telling myself i couldn't justify another 'ray. Then a flash new guitar shop opened in town, and what did they have swinging on the wall? Pretty much the last 2005 ltd in the country, it seemed. My guitarist talked me into it, and one credit deal later, my 'ray had a sister! Gigged it a fair bit, but then realised I felt guilty abusing it every night, now it's my 'stay at home' bass when everything else is locked up in the studio.

[b]Peavey T-40 (1980)[/b] - Gassed for this for aaaaages, when I realised the one I was spying on ebay was only 20 mins away from my house. Shot over there, and left with my first 'vintage' aquisition. Looks the biz, sustains forever, and it's the most cripplingly heavy chunk of wood I've ever played!! Comes out gigging, but only as a back-up for my 'ray. It's definitely indestructible though.

I almost bought a Lakland Darryl recently, but I'm trying to learn some self-control!!

Currently owned basses

12 Dingwalls
2 Kenneth Lawrence Brase 5
Warrior fully armed soldier 5 (w/ Villex pickups retrofitted) Mahogany/ purpleheart w/ maple facing, mahogany/ purpleheart with ebony fretboard
Stingray 5 ash with maple neck and fretboard
Hamer Chaparal 5 (US) mahogany body with rosewood fingerboard
G&L 2500 Ash w/ maple neck and rosewood fingerboard
Carvin XB75 custom Ash with maple neck and rosewood fingerboard
Ritter Roya 5 custom Ash w/ maple facing and maple neck w/ ebony fingerboard
Shuker 5 Elite Ash with 7 piece maple/wenge neck w/ wenge fingerboard
Status Empathy 5 w/ walnut wings Graphite through
Status Empathy 5 w/ maple (custom) Graphite through
Status Eclipse Ltd 5 ash/maple top w/ LED's(custom) Graphite through
Status Eclipse Ltd 5 heavy ash body(prototype) Graphite through
Spector NS2 4str ash-maple neck-through w/ rosewood f/b PJ EMG's
Yamaha Attitude custom (w/ piezo) 4str
Carvin custom shop 4str (all Mahogany w/ ebony f/:)
Conklin GT7
Fernades 4str (upgarded w/ PJ quarter pounders Basslines and SD active Preamp)
Ibanez Musician 4str (w/EMG preamp)
Godin A4 fretted
US Masters EP55 (w/ studio active electronics) Lacewood body w/ flame maple top, maple neck and purpleheart f/b
Matt Pulcinela Level 5, light ash body, maple neck and f/b, EMGs DC35
Fodera 4str custom.
Fodera Emperor Deluxe Macc Ebony top on Walnut body w/ebony pickup covers and KingWood finger board (35") on 3 pc flame maple neck
Fodera Emperor Elite ash, maple top, maple neck, Brazilian Rosewood F/b, 35" scale, Nordstrand Signature DualCoils, HazLab preamp
Manne Trea 5 Custom, mahogany body, ash neck, f-resin f/board w/ 3 Manne J pickups
R-Bass Singlecut 5, Flame Redwood Top, Mahogany body, Maple neck w/ ebony f/b. Nordstrand Dual Coil p'ups and U-Retro preamp
Stambaugh Singlecut mahogany body w/ walnut top, maple neck and f/b Aero dual coil p'ups, ABM piezo brigde, bartolini preamp
Kinal SK-B 24 MM (splitable)/J Barts, Bart pre amp, active/passive, Ash/maple top, Brasilian rosewood f/b (35")
(few others too, that I had not time to update my list)

Previously owned gear:

Phoenix 7str
F Bass BN5 Ash and maple neck and fingerboard
MTD 535 Ash w/ Lacewood facing and maple neck and fingerboard
Sei bass 5, Ash w/ maple facing with maple neck and fingerboard, LED's and piezo
Sei Flamboyant 6, headless
Odyssey 5 (fretted) single piece body (olive tree) 3pc maple neck bolt-on rosewood f/b Bartolinis
Odyssey 5 (fretless) Neck-through 5pc maple/wenge neck, maple-lined pau-ferro 29 fret f/b, flame maple body (laminated) Bartolini's (active/passive) 2 double action truss rods
Lightwave Saber 5strAries 7string Custom, Neckthrough, chambered walnut body, 10pc wenge/purpleheart/etc neck, ebony f/b , Rough Crystal p'ups (F# to C 36" scale with piezo)
Shuker Elite 5 Wenge w/ EMG's DC40

Cripes!!! I like the sound of this one: Warrior fully armed soldier 5 (w/ Villex pickups retrofitted) Mahogany/ purpleheart w/ maple facing, mahogany/ purpleheart with ebony fretboard

Any pictures? I presume if you had pictures of the whole gang then the internet as we know it will collapse!

1976 bought a Fender precision , brand new from Kitchens of Leeds , my first bass

1978 bought a 1977 Fender Jazz from a second hand shop in Leeds , my first jazz

1979 , really fancied a Rickenbacker , bought a 4003 stereo thing , hated it , kept it for 6 months and sold it

1980 spotted a Fender precision in the local paper , got it for peanuts , it was a 77 , defretted it , rubbed it down to the wood , played it a bit 'till about 1985 actually then traded it in for a black precision with a black plate and a badass bridge , looked great , played great , got nicked at a gig :)

1986 , oohh , those Steinbergers look good , order one , wait 6 months for it to arrive , hate it , sell it for a £100 profit to someone who didn't want to wait 6 months , I think he sold it 'cos he hated it too.

nothing interesting came along untill.........

1999 , decided I would like to try a 5 , got a Mexican Jazz 5 , liked the neck profile better than the American ones

2000 , won a sting signature precision in a competition on the Fender website , was very pissed off when I had to pay import duty on it (For Sale)

2004 , Fender changed the profile of the American Jazz 5 neck to be the same as the Mexican one , bought a candy tangerine deluxe , lovely

2005 , surfing the bay , put in a stupidly low bid on a whim for a 1977 Musicmaster , won it , it cost me more to have it shipped than I paid for the bass (For Sale)

2005 , while in London spotted a 1964 Precision , had to have it , swapped the 1976 P and the 1977 jazz from the beggining of this post for it , I will never , ever sell this bass :huh:

2007 Liked the look of a shell pink japanese P (60's re-issue) someone on the old bassworld was selling , swapped the mexican Jazz 5 for it , this bass now sports a vintage red pickguard and thumbrest and vintage reverse tuners , plays nice , sounds good (Probably For Sale)

2007 , surfing again spotted a surf green japanese jazz (62 re-issue) covered in stickers so no one was bidding , got it cheap enough , the stickers all came off and it's like new , again have fitted thumbrest and vintage tuners , looks plays and sounds very good (Maybe For sale)

........I wonder what tommorrow will bring ???? :huh:

Edited by yellowisfriedegg

[quote name='ped' post='33685' date='Jul 18 2007, 05:35 PM']Cripes!!! I like the sound of this one: Warrior fully armed soldier 5 (w/ Villex pickups retrofitted) Mahogany/ purpleheart w/ maple facing, mahogany/ purpleheart with ebony fretboard

Any pictures? I presume if you had pictures of the whole gang then the internet as we know it will collapse![/quote]

The Warrior bass was the one that turned me into the Villex pickups. I had replaced the Barts that came on the bass two times over with Barts again. I spoke to the Bartolini headquarters to get advice over the models I should purchase. the second time I was advised to get a discontinued model (that I was able to trace in the Bartolini warehouse). Still it was that the bass was below par. At that point I was interested in ERB and at the Adler specs page I realized that a pickup was able to reproduce the low F# and C# efficiently. It was a Villex pickup. Additional research revealed that Modulus waited 2yrs to receive the pickups and it was worth the wait. I knew that the bass was a let-go, so the Villex thing was the last resort. Once the pickups were in place, the bass turned from a let-go to a keeper. Even friends that had heard the 3 previous re-incarnations of the Warrior refused to come and listen to the bass. "I like good bass sounds like I am hungry for a juicy steak and this bass is a warm beer (that bad). Sell it. It's no good" they told me. Once I got them in the studio for other reasons and they heard the VILLEX-loaded Warrior they were left drop-jawed. They told me to keep the bass and not to sell it. Great super nice finger lickin' bass now!!! I think I have a Harmony central review on this incident. [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass+Pickup/product/Villex/OMT/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...Villex/OMT/10/1[/url]

OMT are the initials for Original, Musical, True that I had Villex inscribe on the pickups. I was hoping it would turn out like this and thank God it did work out like this. the rest you can read

I am quite sure that you'd love to listen to my Villex-loaded Dingwall, too. The design of Dingwall basses allows for great harmonic information to be present in the string (just like in a Grand Piano, compared with a conventional piano). And it really shows!!!

Edited by fullrangebass

Interesting reading. I have a Villex Booster in my Jazz and it certainly adds a little something. I tried a Squier jazz with a full Villex system and it was brilliant!

Actually I think we have spoken on Talkbass about Dingwall basses - that yellow/greenburst one of yours is schweet!!

I presume you are in the States, otherwise I will come over and have a go!!

Cheers
ped

Hi Guys,

I think this is about it..... bound to be the odd one i've forgotton.....

Manufacturer Model Strings Fret / Fretless Fretboard Scale Colour Notes

Alembic Series II 1989 4 Fretted Ebony 34 Cocobola Ex Mark King
Alembic Series I 1982 4 Fretted Ebony 34
Alembic Mark King 1989 4 Fretted Ebony 34 Cocobola Green Led's
Alembic Series II 1992 4 Fretted Ebony 32 Cocobola Red F&S Leds
Alembic Series II 1999 4 Fretted Ebony 34 Spalted Maple Yellow Leds
Alembic Stanley Clarke 4 Fretted Ebony 30 Cocobola
Custom Build Jazz 4 Fretted Maple 34 Natural Sadowsky Pups Badass
Custom Build P/J 4 fretted Rosewood 34 Natural
Epiphone EB3 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Cherry
Epiphone EB3 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Cherry
Fender Jazz USA 22 fret 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Black
Fender Jazz Jap 75 Reissue 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Sunburst
Fender Jazz 78 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Antigua Burst Fitted with Early J Retro
Fender Marcus Miller Sig 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Natural
Fender Jazz Jap 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Black
Fender Custom Shop Classic 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 natural Active Custom shop
Fender Jazz 1970 C/S 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Natural Custom Shop Ltd Ed
Fender Jazz 1970 C/S 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Natural Custom Shop Ltd Ed
Fender Jazz 66 Master Build 4 fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Natural Custom Shop Master Build
Fender Jaco Custom Shop 4 Fretted Rosewood / Epoxy 34 Sunburst Jaco Relic
Fender Precision 58 Ltd Ed 4 Fretted Maple 34 Sunburst Fender Namm Demo Bass
Fender Precision 1972 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Sunburst Added Jazz Pickup
Fender Precision 1978 4 Fretted Maple 34 Burgandy Mist Added Jazz Pickup
Fender Precision 62 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Sunburst Fullerton Re-Issue from 83
Fender Jazz USA 75 Reissue 4 Fretted Rosewood / Blocks 34 Natural
Fender Jazz USA 75 Reissue 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Natural
Fender Jazz USA 75 Reissue 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Natural
Fender Jazz USA 75 Reissue 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Black
Fender Jazz USA 75 Reissue 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Gold
Fender Jazz 62 USA Reissue 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 White
Fender Jazz 62 USA Reissue 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Sunburst
Fender Jazz S1 4 Fretted Maple 34 Sunburst
Fender Jazz S1 4 Fretted Maple 34 Sunburst
Fender Jazz S1 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Sunburst
Fender Precision 4 Fretted Maple 34 Buterscotch
Fender Marcus Miller Sig 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Natural
Fender Marcus Miller Sig 5 USA 5 Fretted Maple / Blocks 35 Natural
Fender Marcus Miller Sig 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Sunburst
Fender Precision 69 4 Fretted Maple 34 Candy Apple Red
Fender Jazz 1999 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Fiesta Red Status Graphite Neck
Fodera Monarch 83 Reissue 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Buckeye Burl
Fodera Monarch 4 Fretted Pale Moon Ebony 34 Spalted Maple
Ibanez Musician 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Cherry Very Early Musician
JD Mark King 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Cherry
JD 25th Anniversary 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Burl Walnut JD 25th Anniversary Bass
JD GA 24 Custom 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Quilted Maple One Off Body Shape
Jedson Precision 4 Fretless Ebony 34 Sunburst 1st Bass
Jedson Jazz 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Sunburst
Modulus FleaBass 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Green Sparkle Only Green Sparkle Ever
Modulus FleaBass 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Blue Sparkle
Moon Jazz 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Blue Ex Mark Egan
Music Man Stingray Pre EB 4 Fretted Maple 34 Sunburst
Music Man Stingray 2005 4 Fretted Maple 34 Natural
Music Man Stingray 3 Band 4 Fretted Maple 34 Trans Red Pietzo Pickup
OLP Stingray 5 Fretted Maple 34 Natural
Overwater SG Style 4 Fretted Rosewood 32 Cherry Early Overwater Bass
Overwater Progress III DLX 5 Fretted Rosewood 36
Overwater Perception 5 Fretted Rosewood 35
Ricenbacker 2003 BLUE BOY 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Blue
Sadowsky Jazz Modern NYC 4 Fretted CocoBola 34 Cherry Burst Had Fretted
Sadowsky Jazz Ultra Vintage Metro 4 Fretted Maple 34 Natural
Spector Euro 4 LX 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Natural
Spector NS5 CR 5 Fretted Rosewood 35 Black Cherry
Status S2 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Maple
Status S2 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Chestnut
Status Empathy Headed 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Maple
Status Empathy Headed 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Walnut
Status Stealth 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Natural Graphite
Status Kingbass Black Beauty 4 Fretted Graphite 32 Black Ex Mark King Red Led's
Status Kingbass 4 Fretted Graphite 32 Maple Blue Led's
Status Kingbass 4 Fretted Graphite 32 Maple Green Led's
Status Strata No 16 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Maple Strata No 16
Status 2000 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Natural graphite Early No 32
Status 2000 4 Fretted Graphite 34 Green Tint
Warwick Corvette 4 Fretless Rosewood 34 Blue
Yamaha RB350 4 Fretless Ebony 34 Black
Yamaha RB350 4 Fretted Rosewood 34 Yellow

Forgot my old GB Spitfire and my New Lakland USA 4 94 DLX - Also forgot my 72 Jazz Sunburst Black Block & Bound, had it sprayed Shoreline Gold and it never sounded the same !!

Edited by Marcus

Over the years I have owned these, and regret selling nearly all.

1. Japanese Fender Presision, sunburst later resprayed azure blue (at Morgan Motors Malvern)(P.xd for Fernandes).
2. Bass Clollection 301, metallic pink (P.xd for below).
3. 1978 USA presicion, vintage white(well more banana yellow) black sp. (sold, needed money).
4. Fernandes Jazz, black (defretted and fitted an S1 switch)(sold to move house).
5. Wesley bass, black (all I could afford at the time)(sold).
6. Cort GB34a, sunburst, still got it, (fitted new p,up a series/parallel switch and gotoh bridge).
7. Yamaha BB414, black (still got it).

[quote name='markytbass' post='35646' date='Jul 22 2007, 06:48 PM']Over the years I have owned these, and regret selling nearly all.

1. Japanese Fender Presision, sunburst later resprayed azure blue (at Morgan Motors Malvern)(P.xd for Fernandes).
2. Bass Clollection 301, metallic pink (P.xd for below).
3. 1978 USA presicion, vintage white(well more banana yellow) black sp. (sold, needed money).
4. Fernandes Jazz, black (defretted and fitted an S1 switch)(sold to move house).
5. Wesley bass, black (all I could afford at the time)(sold).
6. Cort GB34a, sunburst, still got it, (fitted new p,up a series/parallel switch and gotoh bridge).
7. Yamaha BB414, black (still got it).[/quote]

What's that in your avatar? It's tasty.

[quote name='Marcus' post='35628' date='Jul 22 2007, 05:50 PM']Fender Jazz 78 4 Fretted Maple / Blocks 34 Antigua Burst Fitted with Early J Retro[/quote]

Y'know, I think I owned that for a bit, too... it's now in Italy.

[url="http://www.jollybeggars.co.uk/bass"]There's pics of it here[/url], along with photos of every other bass I've owned over the last four or five years. With one or two exceptions...

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='35727' date='Jul 22 2007, 09:53 PM']Y'know, I think I owned that for a bit, too... it's now in Italy.

[url="http://www.jollybeggars.co.uk/bass"]There's pics of it here[/url], along with photos of every other bass I've owned over the last four or five years. With one or two exceptions...[/quote]

Yeah, funny that I seem to remember you buying it from me.....

PM Sent

Edited by Marcus

Hofner Violin Bass
Fender Precision *
Hofner somehing or other
Fender Musicmaster
Gibson Grabber
Hohner B2
Antoria Precision defretted
another Gibson Grabber
Fender Telecaster bass*
Status Energy
Fender Jazz
KGB 5
Shuker Custom *
Status Energy 5
Shuker Fretless *
Epiphone Explorer *
Status series 3000 *

Still got the *

Amps? You name them - I've blown them up! Eden's,GK's,Hartke's,Marshall's,TE's....don't have much luck on the amp front.

[quote name='paul, the' post='33815' date='Jul 18 2007, 07:33 PM']What are peoples' thoughts on columbuseseses?

ta,

paul.[/quote]

I had a Columbus Jazz copy few years ago. I thought it was a nice bass, played well, though would have replaced pickups if I had it now. Sold it for a stupid amount - wish I still had it.

[quote name='paul, the' post='35725' date='Jul 22 2007, 09:48 PM']What's that in your avatar? It's tasty.[/quote]
Thanks.

It's the cort, I bought a sheet of brass 1.2mm thick of the bay for the scratch plate. I also bought a 2nd hand MM style bucker which has a much better output and had 4 wires so I was able to fit a series/parallel switch. I removed the single coil J pup as I never used it and it sounded tinny, so no use for a blend pot. It also has a bone nut and a gotoh bridge. I don't know were the humbucker was from nor did the guy I bought it off but it has polished pole pieces and sounds nice.

[quote name='markytbass' post='35961' date='Jul 23 2007, 03:40 PM']Thanks.

It's the cort, I bought a sheet of brass 1.2mm thick of the bay for the scratch plate. I also bought a 2nd hand MM style bucker which has a much better output and had 4 wires so I was able to fit a series/parallel switch. I removed the single coil J pup as I never used it and it sounded tinny, so no use for a blend pot. It also has a bone nut and a gotoh bridge. I don't know were the humbucker was from nor did the guy I bought it off but it has polished pole pieces and sounds nice.[/quote]

Groovy, you've done a great job.

Here goes...

Basses...
Columbus (black Charvel sorta shape) bought when I was 16!
Hohner The Jack Custom
Status Series II (no.402) (bought this in 1990 & kept it until my KingBass arrived in 2006)
Yamaha TRB-5 Nathan East model
Goodfellow (can't remember the model, but it was lovely!)
Washburn 6-string
Warwick Fortress natural oil green
Yamaha jazz copy (with active emg's)
Squire standard jazz sunburst
Squire standard jazz antique burst
Fender Jazz V MIM, midnight wine
Status Groove 3-colour sunburst
Squire VMJ natural maple
Charvel CMG Concert Bass
Ibanez SRX 705

Status KingBass Artist 5-string (current)
Warwick Triumph EUB (current)
Warwick Corvette $$ (current)
Hofner Contemporary series violin bass (current)
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz (just ordered)

Amplification...
Laney 30 combo
Laney 100 head, 4x10 cab of unknown origin!
another Laney 30 combo
Trace Elliott BLX 80
Trace Elliott GPSM 7 1x15 combo with 4x5 bright box
Trace Elliott BLX130 with extension cab
Trace Elliott GPSM 12 1x15 combo with 4x5 bright box
Marshall B65 (lovely smooth sound for jazz playing!)
Ashdown EB180 1x12 combo

MarkBass 1x15 500w combo with horn & MarkBass 2x12 with horn cabinet (current)

[b]- Stagg P bass copy[/b]. Cheap plywood crap. Turned it into a fretless. But gave it away and bought a...
[b]- Hohner BBass IV Professional[/b]. Good bass. Noisy, but good sound. Light, well balanced, super thin neck, great to look at, not so good slapped, and the bridge pickup had a weird dry sound by itself. Served me well though.

Then I had a break for 5 years, and came back to bass recently, and decided to go for 5 strings, so I went to buy a cheap...
[b]- Ibanez K5[/b]. £200. Good deal. Good bass, great to look at (bar the cheesy Korn inlay), good sounding. Then I had some cash to spare, and always wanted a warwick, so I got myself a...
[b]- Warwick Thumb BO 5[/b]. I bought it from Eude (same Eude?). I really liked it, except it was impossible to play. Very heavy, neckdive, fat neck, but sounded really aggressive and fat and full at the same time. The nu-metal king. So I sold it and bought a...
[b]- Warwick Corvette $$ 5 strings[/b]. I liked it enough, but the pickups were terrible. Mud city in the low end, and not particularly versatile. Strangely enough it sounded wicked when slapped. Why does warwick put those p.o.s. MECs in their bass. THen now I'm on the prawl for a...
[b]- custom 5 string[/b]! What, I don't know yet.

Amps, well, I got a grand total of two.
[b]- Ross 60 watt[/b]. A real piece of crap. I don't think I could have found worse if I tried. So when I started bass again, I decided to get me a...
[b]- Sansamp Bass Driver[/b]. I though I didn't need a amp for playing by my lonesome, but I was wrong, so I bought a...
[b]- Gallien-Krueger GK400RBIV-210[/b]. Now we're talking! Lovely amp. That's the proper stuff. Not super loud, but good enough for me. I can beef it up to 380 watts with an extra cab.

westfield p-bass copy
vinage music man copy
yamaha rbx
yamaha trb
yamaha bb
fender mex jazz
fender usa jazz
tobias toby 6 pro

think thats it , roughly equates to one bass a year for howlong ive been playing , only got the two fenders now tho!

doug

my list (in no particular order)

westone thunder 2
squier precision 5
dealmond pilot deluxe 4
artisan eub
fender aerodyne jazz
yamaha trb6 II
vintage fretless
steinberger spirit

my current three

ebmm bongo 4hh