Why become a member? ×

Which colour pickguard looks best?

molan

So my new Lakland came fitted with a funky sparkly black bowling ball style pickguard. However it also came with the original minty green.

I've been sitting staring at it with the green pickguard fitted over the top of the black one & it also looks nice!

So which would you go for?

Bear in mind that the green guard isn't sitting flush with the body so might not look quite perfect.

Basic body colour is a dark green metallic, not sure how well this shows up in the pics but hopefully you'll get an idea.

I've tried to add a poll to see which wins the 'discerning' BC vote :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='ped' post='219405' date='Jun 15 2008, 08:13 PM']Taken up archery Mike? Looks cool[/quote]

I have indeed mate. Used to do it years ago, cant believe I ever quit. Although could have done without the £1500 to get all my gear together again lol Coiuld have bought a Sadowsky for that!!!

[quote name='kdphysio' post='219415' date='Jun 15 2008, 08:28 PM'](slightly off subject).....is there somewhere where you can send your pickguard and get one made/copied exactly from that?[/quote]

This place will do that for you - [url="http://www.auroraproject.co.uk/web%20site%20first%20page.htm"]http://www.auroraproject.co.uk/web%20site%20first%20page.htm[/url]

Hamster

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='219538' date='Jun 15 2008, 11:19 PM']ive got be honest and say that the "mint green" one just looks like plain white to me, how about anyone else? I've no doubt it's just the pic though[/quote]

Looks white to me as well. But I vote for black, not keen on mint green anything to be honest. :) Having said that I do have a Strat in surf green, which is pretty close.

Edited by aceuggy