Why become a member? ×

Excellent Police Live Vid.

bubinga5

not sure if this has been posted before, but my sister sent me this. great live sound i think.. Synchronicity 2 which is second is great. always been a favorite song ....................... excuse me ladies and gentlemen, a slight technical hitch. :lol: thank god that wasnt my secret Shakin Stevens video. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XUW5ZacJD0&list=FLzVUqeF1SLjxa78y2gd03dQ&index=1[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1377854530' post='2192703']
not sure if this has been posted before, but my sister sent me this. great live sound i think.. Synchronicity 2 which is second is great. always been a favorite song [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBE03pI49bQ[/media]
[/quote]

Huh?

I saw the reunion tour of the Police in Antwerp and was really disappointed..
Sting's voice couldn't cope with the high notes anymore (what a turn off after hearing the support act with his own son singing a lot better) and halfway the gig he made a sign to the other two that his voice was gone (the second date in Antwerp was cancelled).
The chemistry was also gone.. Copeland was sloppy and Summers wasn't the magician I always though he would be..
I watched the video posted here and the drumming just goes everywhere and not always in a grooving way..
The second song suffers when you listen to the tempo..
I regretted seeing the reunion.. it was one of my favourite bands and it spoiled my memories...

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1377856314' post='2192736']
...from [i]Kamakiriad[/i], possibly the most disappointing album ever to emerge fro the Steely Dan stable :blink:
[/quote]that song was written by Donald, not Steely. hes quite different you know. :lol: but seriously that is easily one of his best albums.

Edited by bubinga5

Oh what a disappointment, as I clicked on the link hoping to see some decent Police-Camera-Action videos of car chases across the american highways, police being run over and cars being smashed, instead all I got was an ageing Gordon Sumner obviously run out of money, and bored from saving the rainforest. Sting was and still is a total and utter __________

fill blank with what you like.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1377945457' post='2193877']
Oh what a disappointment, as I clicked on the link hoping to see some decent Police-Camera-Action videos of car chases across the american highways, police being run over and cars being smashed, instead all I got was an ageing Gordon Sumner obviously run out of money, and bored from saving the rainforest. Sting was and still is a total and utter __________

fill blank with what you like.
[/quote]
Is this you being an adult, speaking your mind, and not mincing your words?

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1377946375' post='2193892']
Fab vid, a playing bass whilst singing masterclass, as always with Sting.
[/quote]
His voice sounds fantastic too. I know there were rumours that there was some autotune on Certifiable, but who cares, you can't knock the sheer quality of his vocal sound. Lovely bass tone and playing, I found it thoroughly inspirational. Wasn't Wrapped Around Your Finger sublime!

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1377946636' post='2193902']
What's it to you?
[/quote]

Just wondered why you felt the need to vent such boring old sh*t on such a nice thread about such a great band. You seem to hate everything except cameras, Grolsch rubber and Sheldon Dingwall. Try spreading some love once in a while mate, you might cheer the f*** up a bit.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1377946978' post='2193907']
Just wondered why you felt the need to vent such boring old sh*t on such a nice thread about such a great band. You seem to hate everything except cameras, Grolsch rubber and Sheldon Dingwall. Try spreading some love once in a while mate, you might cheer the f*** up a bit.
[/quote]

This sounds a bit like an heavy exchange from your side. I do like a lot of things, and I praise them as and when praise is due. I could suggest you ignore my posts, for your well being and quite life, I am sure there is a button to ignore a person here, but do watch your language, no matter what my comments are on a thread, you are out of order by answering like that to me. I never gave you that friendliness to allow you such exhanges.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1377947508' post='2193920']
This sounds a bit like an heavy exchange from your side. I do like a lot of things, and I praise them as and when praise is due. I could suggest you ignore my posts, for your well being and quite life, I am sure there is a button to ignore a person here, but do watch your language, no matter what my comments are on a thread, you are out of order by answering like that to me. I never gave you that friendliness to allow you such exhanges.
[/quote]

I'm not mincing my words either mate. You talk it up and defend your right to do so, I presume I'm allowed to as well.

If you want to reduce a nice thread to mudslinging and call Sting an utter _________ at least explain why.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1377946575' post='2193899']
Wasn't Wrapped Around Your Finger sublime!
[/quote]

Spooky :huh: It must have been cos' I watched that vid then googled the chords to it and have been crucifying it for an hour on my acoustic.