Why become a member? ×

Ebay scam happening now. It's my bass!!

police squad

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376912786' post='2180655']
I hope you lot are going to chip in if I win it!?
[/quote]
Yes I'll go halves with you....just send your £500,000 to my bank account in Nigeria and I will deal with paying for it. :ph34r:

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1376913474' post='2180678']
Why is he listing it collection only - most people pay cash in hand for collection only stuff.
[/quote]

StingrayPete explained that above. Apparently, scammers suddenly have to travel abroad or something, and must post it anyway ...
It seems like a good scam to me, as they've already gained some trust with the "collection only" bit, and have dragged the victim through emotional/rational phases when it comes to the point of posting.

Where are Medieval punishing methods when you need them, eh?

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1376913474' post='2180678']
Why is he listing it collection only - most people pay cash in hand for collection only stuff.
[/quote]
See my earlier post, what he will say is something like he is working away for a month, didn't find out until the last minute, totally his fault and he will pay the shipping etc all insured too as he will be a super nice guy or girl ;)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376914329' post='2180708']
See my earlier post, what he will say is something like he is working away for a month, didn't find out until the last minute, totally his fault and he will pay the shipping etc all insured too as he will be a super nice guy or girl ;)
[/quote]
I still can't see how that would work. If you paid by paypal and the item was not delivered paypal would refund your payment.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376915765' post='2180734']
Well we might find out unless someone bids higher than my £1000000 :lol:
No sign of Ebay pulling the listing so far :(
[/quote] Nahh, they're just working out their retirement plans on the commission from the sale :P

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1376915602' post='2180731']

I still can't see how that would work. If you paid by paypal and the item was not delivered paypal would refund your payment.
[/quote]
I think they will try and get you to skirt the pay pal to save him the fee etc, gift item is it? Gives the buyer no come back as far as I know?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376916577' post='2180751']
I just reported it too, some other poor bastards are going to get ripped for the other items but as we have no proof on them I'm not getting involved, unlikely that he has any of them really!
[/quote]
agreed.

I feel for some poor sod who can be sitting there with an SBR150, seeing the bidding go up and thinking he's got some kind of collectors piece!

(Just been out bid by S*****g again!)

I bet we'll see a glut of them go up on Saturday :D

Edited by Grangur