Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is any one up for a mock audition for a function band?

ironside1966

Is any one up for a mock audition for a function band?

If there is enough interest I will post a list of 4 songs for you to learn, pop and soul songs nothing too naff.

After seven days I will post some versions of the songs with the bass part removed
After a coupe of plays with the tracks, make a recording, post it in if you want ,

Let us know how you are get on.
Did you find it easy or hard?

I think this is a good learning experience and still worth a go even if you have would rather chop of you privet parts then play in a cover band.
Treat this as a real audition all 4 songs must be learnt with a good degree of accuracy.

I might even change the key of one or two if the singer is not happy.

[quote name='Jase' post='217223' date='Jun 11 2008, 09:35 PM']Love to have a crack at that but my pc doesn't run my recording software anymore.[/quote]
Use [url="http://audacity.sourceforge.net/"]Audacity[/url]. It's free and you can drop the track in then add a track for your bass line. Worked fine for me a while back adding a harmony guitar to a live track

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='ironside1966' post='217173' date='Jun 11 2008, 08:33 PM']even if you have would rather chop of you privet parts[/quote]
Sorry, I don't do hedges :)

I'd normally be very interested in this but I'm a bit busy at the moment. I may learn the songs, though, if I can.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='WalMan' post='217239' date='Jun 11 2008, 10:13 PM']Use [url="http://audacity.sourceforge.net/"]Audacity[/url]. It's free and you can drop the track in then add a track for your bass line. Worked fine for me a while back adding a harmony guitar to a live track[/quote]

In that case I might have a crack then :)

[quote name='Hamster' post='217276' date='Jun 11 2008, 11:10 PM']A bit strange this - where's the proviso that you must be aged 17 - 19 and "no fat ageing balding lorry driver types" bit :wacko: :)[/quote]

Sounds a bit like me, not quite but nearly.
Give a bit longer, so everybody who wants to can gets a chance.

I'm just a beginner so this could be a good exercise for me, I could even ask my tutor for help with it as well as trying to work it out for myself. I'll probably fall well short of anything resembling the efforts of some you old "pro's" out there. But I think it'll be a challenge for me and a bit of a giggle so count me in too!! :brow: