Why become a member? ×

Fender Roscoe Beck IV - Sunburst
£1200

wateroftyne

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1387571255' post='2313595']
enjoying the music...

so you're not selling as you're not using it....

I'm not going to ask!
[/quote]

Nah - it's out on about 50% of my gigs.

I've just got that old 'What if?' feeling, and unfortunately it's the only chip I have left...

Cheers, Chris!

Yours is a stunner - if I didn't have my '71 fretless I would have taken you up on your offer.

While I'm on, here's a clip from a couple of weeks ago. Using flats, with the neck pickup solo'd in series for big, fat notes. This is just one of the sounds... it also does classic 60s J, back pickup burp and sizzly slap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRZt8AeR974

As I mentioned on WoT's previous For Sale thread, if someone is looking for a Fender bass that will be the Holy Grail for future collectors then this is that bass . These were a superb design with many unique features made in very small numbers. More's to the point, they sound great and play superbly well, as well as being very comfortable. These basses are already rare, but give it a few years and their desirability-factor will be going through the roof, as will the price, in all likelihood. Definitely "one to watch" as far as future investment goes.

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1375548113' post='2162809']
Right... here we go again. :)

It hurts to sell this... rarer than hen's teeth - I doubt you'll find another sunburst in the UK. Custom shop quality. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Roscoe_Beck_Bass"]Info here[/url].

£1200, complete with the factory fitted case, originally supplied bits (including a perspex ramp) and additional custom-made tort pickguard (hand-made by Howard the Bass Doc). It's a lovely light weight (but not a lightweight!).

Will consider trades involving lightweight vintage P's, or other interesting P / P/J things.

This pic shows the only flaw in the bass which I've just noticed - a little bit of the plating is coming off one of the saddles. Purely cosmetic:

Here's a little video what I made...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXoxhOYBv7c[/media]

Local collection (Newcastle-ish) preferred. Shipping considered.

Go on. You know you want to.
[/quote]

Excellent recording basses too...

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1388691837' post='2324969']

Excellent recording basses too...
[/quote]One of the few signature basses (Fender at least) that really seemed to listen to the artist that is name checked; so given that RB is both a live and studio hound it comes as no surprise that this bass excels in every arena.

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1388749029' post='2325489']
My GAS for this gorgeous bass has just been cured by the arrival of my home insurance renewal at £988 (ouch!). Have a bump on me anyway.
[/quote]YIKES!

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1388682597' post='2324771']These basses are already rare, but give it a few years and their desirability-factor will be going through the roof, as will the price, in all likelihood. Definitely "one to watch" as far as future investment goes.
[/quote]

Stop it. You are not helping... :( :D

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1388851571' post='2326870']
Whey aye. Feel free to stick your own strings on it. It's got some rounds on at the mo, but they're quite light. It's all I had lying around...
[/quote]

That's very cool mate. I'll drop you a PM... B)

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1389547175' post='2335356']
watch mike oldfield playing an RBIV here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03cw8g0
[/quote]Just watched that and the RB looks stunning; so good to see one being used by such a top musician.

• 3 years later...