Why become a member? ×

August Composition Competition

charic

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1377699184' post='2190516']Nah, that wasn't what they were doing, surely..? They weren't, were they..? No, seriously..? :blush:[/quote]

Ahh, err, no of course not! Ahem. They were cuddling. Just cuddling.

Oddly enough, the image came from me searching on Flickr using the term "love" - and that particular image was top of the search results, as it still is now:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=love

'Tis a funny old world :blink:

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1377690594' post='2190369']
Sorry! Hectic! I'll try and put voting up at the end of the month and we'll overlap with next months if that's cool with everyone?
[/quote]

i think.... as this is a new year... rather than the winner of this combination offer picking the next picture, you should pick one rick.

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1377704085' post='2190589']i think.... as this is a new year... rather than the winner of this combination offer picking the next picture, you should pick one rick.[/quote]

Good idea, Rob. But I think September's image has already been chosen by Garry, who won in July. Hence I think it's best to 'reset' the competition using Garry's choice - otherwise it's going to get confusing with the photos running out of sync ;)

@ Paul (Skol) and Dad, thanks for the kind words.
I will have a listen to you both later tonight - I don't know about you two, but I found it hard work... :blink:[size=4] [/size]
[size=4]Only three takers at the moment ? :D[/size]
[size=4]Charic certainly had everyone running for cover this month.[/size]

[size=4]Garry[/size]

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1377708866' post='2190685']@ Paul (Skol) and Dad, thanks for the kind words.
I will have a listen to you both later tonight - I don't know about you two, but I found it hard work... :blink:
[size=4]Only three takers at the moment ? :D[/size]
[size=4]Charic certainly had everyone running for cover this month.[/size][/quote]

No probs mate! I'm going to listen to yours on something more hefty than my mobile phone speaker this weekend. That said, my phone is always a brutally honest test of any mix and yours sounded good on it.

Yeah, only three this month but no matter. "Mad dogs and Englishmen"; or something along those lines ;) I definitely found it hard work - moreso than any other month to date. Still, it was fun. Ish!

Sorry guys , that was way too daunting for me , It takes me all month to get set to one picture for a 3minute knock up , this was well beyond my writing, playing, recording and video editing skills, and I was away from home for 2 weeks of the month aswell .
But I will have a good listen to the entries when the voting goes up .

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1377719675' post='2190912']Sorry guys , that was way too daunting for me , It takes me all month to get set to one picture for a 3minute knock up , this was well beyond my writing, playing, recording and video editing skills, and I was away from home for 2 weeks of the month aswell ...[/quote]

"...and then the dog ate my homework, and a dinosaur ate the dog, and then aliens landed, which was unexpected, and..." :lol: :P

Just teasing you mate. Totally understand! I only just managed to sneak mine in before the proverbial hit the fan at work, and that's now me swamped until mid-September.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1377725809' post='2191122']
"., and then aliens landed, which was unexpected, and..."
[/quote]

always expected , it was just the timing could have been better , what with the dog and the dinosaur and everything , still, the car passed the MOT , the wife got to see some shows , I sailed to the outer hebrides, the daughter made me queue for 2 hours to ride the smiler , I got pissed at the palace of westminster , I got the hedges cut , got singing lessons for Lurksalittle ( hopefully that one should eventually score some points on this topic :rolleyes: ) just enough sunburn :lol:, a photo for the august comp, and got back to work to face the inevitable, now settled in again , should just about get the mix comp done ready to get some time in for septembers composition, start the prep for the 'studio refurb' ( redecorate the playroom ) .....and breathe , its been a good summer .

Hope you get control of your workload Paul , good luck

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1377731271' post='2191242']
always expected , it was just the timing could have been better , what with the dog and the dinosaur and everything , still, the car passed the MOT , the wife got to see some shows , I sailed to the outer hebrides, the daughter made me queue for 2 hours to ride the smiler , I got pissed at the palace of westminster , I got the hedges cut , got singing lessons for Lurksalittle ( hopefully that one should eventually score some points on this topic :rolleyes: ) just enough sunburn :lol:, a photo for the august comp, and got back to work to face the inevitable, now settled in again , should just about get the mix comp done ready to get some time in for septembers composition, start the prep for the 'studio refurb' ( redecorate the playroom ) .....and breathe , its been a good summer .

Hope you get control of your workload Paul , good luck
[/quote]

Brilliant :D Sounds like you've had busy yet productive summer there Lurks! Good stuff. I can certainly sympathise with the sunburn... I have a pasty Celtic complexion that's best suited to darkly lit rooms. Says it all really.

Cheers mate.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1377707114' post='2190639']
Good idea, Rob. But I think September's image has already been chosen by Garry, who won in July. Hence I think it's best to 'reset' the competition using Garry's choice - otherwise it's going to get confusing with the photos running out of sync ;)
[/quote]

ahh didn't realise that, sorry

put septembers up then, i mgiht enter that one

Alright y'all... Charic is currently waiting for any final entries for August before drawing a line under what became the 'K2 mountain climb' of the composition competition ;) (Douglas, Garry and I made it to the summit; we had to eat Bilbo along the way...).

So, if you're working on finishing something then pipe up and let us know. Otherwise it's history!

It needs a vote to
a) compile the entries so that BCers dont need to search the whole thread :rolleyes:
B) to publicise the completion of the months work
c) enable those interested to heap praise on the 3 very worthy and superb pieces of work that has been offered for appraisal.

My HUGE respect and appreciation for the both the effort and results achieved , I am humbled to be allowed to compete with you guys each month :blush: