Why become a member? ×

Staffordshire Bass Meet Up - 11/08

So far it's looking like

1. Tayste - 1970's Ampeg B-15, 3 Overwater Originals (5 string, 4 string, 4 string fretless), Fender Pawn Shop Mustang, full pedalboard.
2. 64k - Fender Jazz (Modern Player), Roland GR55.
3. tauzero - Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112 (if there's room for more cabs), Sei 5-string everythingless, Warwick JD Thumb 4-string, Antoniotsai 5-string, probably a couple of Zoom things (B3 and/or MS60B)
4. seashell - Fender P and possibly Ibanez SRX300
5. cheddatom - providing the venue!
6 Ian Savage - to be confirmed
7. ubassman - to be confirmed

Not a huge crowd yet! Perhaps we need to put it in our signatures to publicise it for a bit?

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1374493443' post='2149256']
I've been tweeting it since a date and place were defined. Will retweet again later today. You could ask Jellyfish to FB the event too...
[/quote]

I've PM'd Jellyfish :)

cheers, Bluejay

Edited by 64k

I'm interested in this.

I'm also up for sharing transport with someone. I'm based near Tamworth.

I have a 6 string Yamaha TRB that I'm looking to sell. Can I bring this along?
I've also got a 5 string Wal (not for sale). Anybody want to try one of them?

Stoke's a bit of a hike for me as I'm nearer to brum being in the absolute A*** end of Staffordshire but Ill look into it. If I [i]do [/i]make it Should be able to drag along with me my Portaflex rig (be interesting to compare it to the B15), The FSR P (If I havent flogged it by then), then a choice couple of P's with MightyMite necks, An Epi Thunderbird IV (Korean, not Chinese)& T-Bird Pro IV.

Updated list

1. Tayste - 1970's Ampeg B-15, 3 Overwater Originals (5 string, 4 string, 4 string fretless), Fender Pawn Shop Mustang, full pedalboard.
2. 64k - Fender Jazz (Modern Player), Roland GR55.
3. tauzero - Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112 (if there's room for more cabs), Sei 5-string everythingless, Warwick JD Thumb 4-string, Antoniotsai 5-string, probably a couple of Zoom things (B3 and/or MS60B)
4. seashell - Fender P and possibly Ibanez SRX300
5. cheddatom - providing the venue!
6 Ian Savage - to be confirmed
7. ubassman - to be confirmed
8. Bassman Sam - PM for transport share from Crewe/Norwhich
9. Eboclive - 6 string Yamaha TRB, 5 string Wal. PM for transport share from Tamworth
10. Nibody - to be confirmed

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1374569451' post='2150129']
Some nice sounding gear here, can't wait!

If you're interested, there's a little video tour of the studio here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8spYxvWHAEo[/media]
[/quote]

There's windows and daylight!! And radiatiors! Luxury! :D

I got a message from Matty & Jarman today from Men Imitiating Machines in Australia (amazing live 2-piece electronic act). They are coming to the UK in a few weeks on tour (I helped and signed the visa applications etc). It said,

"We've been looking around what's on in the UK while we have a few days downtime and saw the Basschat meet up. Lets go!"

So you may see me and the MIM boys. Jarman plus an Industrial Radio Midi bass, which there are literally only a handful of in the world. If its of interest to people, I'm sure they'd play a 20min set for everyone if there is a PA handy.

Providing that all works out I'll bring my Roscoe LG as well :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1374735102' post='2152460']
I got a message from Matty & Jarman today from Men Imitiating Machines in Australia (amazing live 2-piece electronic act). They are coming to the UK in a few weeks on tour (I helped and signed the visa applications etc). It said,

"We've been looking around what's on in the UK while we have a few days downtime and saw the Basschat meet up. Lets go!"

So you may see me and the MIM boys. Jarman plus an Industrial Radio Midi bass, which there are literally only a handful of in the world. If its of interest to people, I'm sure they'd play a 20min set for everyone if there is a PA handy.

Providing that all works out I'll bring my Roscoe LG as well :)
[/quote]

Awesome!

Just checked MIM out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKcinNE7ZA

Would be really good if they did a set for us!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1374739708' post='2152525']
Cool. That was pre-IR bass era too. This is what the new bass can do:

[url="http://bitnormalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-five-thunders"]http://bitnormalreco...e-five-thunders[/url]

I'll speak to Jarman, if you fancy them doing a short set then consider it done.
[/quote]

Cool, I'll PM Cheddatom to make sure its all good