Why become a member? ×

Sunburst Precision - scratch plate colours

alstocko

Got myself a P a couple of months ago with a white scratchplate, safe to say that I'm not a huge fan.
I'm looking into getting a black pickguard to look like this: http://julieannamos.hubpages.com/hub/Fender-Bass

Quite individual me thinks, what are your likes/dislikes when it comes to scratchplate colours?

ive been having a discussion with him about the economics of his buyig a large sheet of it. And its not really a starter.

the story is that I ordered a bass from him with a black plate and he mistakenly sent me a bass with a brownish tort plate- the bass is otherwise as perfect as I could wish. He's a busy man and I did think I could live with brown tort, but I cant.
Several people have commented that 3TSB/Maple/Black is authentic so I'll stick with black. I'm going to take the tort plate off and return it in favour of the black plate I originally wanted. (I also only paid for a black plate, tort is more)