Why become a member? ×

Hi Everybody

GuitarTart

[size=4]Just been steered towards this site by a guy in a music shop. I've had a quick look around and I like what I see. [/size]Most of my time (outside of work) is taken up with playing bass or guitar for local amateur musical groups. Usually it's for free. I made a bit of money playing in bands so I look on this work as payback. The odd paying gig allows me to buy new gear.
I've done a huge range of shows, from Annie to West Side Story so I need a variety of sounds and for this reason I have a James Tyler Variax with POD HD500 and a Variax 700 bass into a Line 6 Lowdown Studio 110. I've recently bought an ESP Ltd B-204 fretless which looks nice and plays well. I'm using it in CATS this week with the 110 as a pit monitor and the built-in DI to the desk.
Future shows include West Side Story (again), Starlight Express and Copacobana.
That's probably enough for now.

Myk

Welcome to the forum. Thought I'd better say hi as there have been a couple of high profile bassists introduce themselves recently and people commenting that most new members don't get 5 pages or so of welcomes

Enjoy reading and posting.

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1370977819' post='2108263']
Welcome to the forum. Thought I'd better say hi as there have been a couple of high profile bassists introduce themselves recently and people commenting that most new members don't get 5 pages or so of welcomes

Enjoy reading and posting.
[/quote]

That was nice 'n' all, but hardly helping us to get to five pages. Write some more, Mep! ;)

b,
b

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1370980020' post='2108303']
That was nice 'n' all, but hardly helping us to get to five pages. Write some more, Mep! ;)

b,
b
[/quote]

Not easy on my phone. Anyway I'm off to find some more newbies.

Edited by mep

Hi Guys. Back again after a few busy days. I didn't expect to be still receiving replies after nearly two weeks. You lot are really friendly ! Not sure it will go to 5 pages though.

I was a bit shy about naming the shop as the person said they had had a bit of a disagreement with BC in the past so it was a personal recommendation rather than a company endorsement from GAK in Brighton. He didn't say what the fall-out was about and I didn't ask. In this type of situation I think it is better to build a bridge and get over it.

As for my avatar, CATS has finished now. I work mostly with amateur groups and they tend to have one week runs of their shows because of the cost of hiring theatres. I could have a Jet or a Shark as I'm rehearsing for West Side Story at the moment. Last time I did it, I printed a T-shirt for each of the rival gangs and wore them on alternate nights. Later this year, I'm playing for Starlight Express so maybe a steam loco or TGV? Then Copacabana early next year - maybe a scantily clad showgirl? At this rate, I would be changing my avatar every couple of months and I get confused enough as it is.

Myk