Why become a member? ×

Rocco Prestia Has GAS

ezbass

I used to think that Rocco was a bit of a brand gadfly (for want of a better, yet inoffensive metaphor) but I think I've come to the conclusion that he is just one of us and has uncontrollable GAS. Once again he seems to jumping ship from his current endorser to another company, this time for his bass. It appears that Rocco has gone all ESP and what looks like with a J type! http://www.espguitars.com/news/spotlight-rocco.html

Apologies if this has been posted before (a quick search revealed now't obvious).

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1367830696' post='2069803']
It's just a Jazz bass really, isn't it?
[/quote]Played by a guy most famous for using P pickup equipped basses. Up is down, hot is cold, aargh!

He played Fernandes for a long time, then Conklin. With Rocco's health troubles I guess (I’m assuming here) he'll take anything that comes with a financially beneficial slant.

I wonder how many players like Nate Watts and Victor Wooten are paying full price for their Hartke rigs?

I first saw Rocco live in 1973 and he was using a Precision.

He used GK amps for years, with JBL cabs I think, then promoted SWR and finally TC.

I think it's interesting that in all the years and with all the gear changes I don't think his sound has altered at all.

The Rocco Fender bass was a lovely simple looking bass, announced around the time of the Geddy Lee, Marcus Miller and Duck Dunn ones.

Think it may have been Custom Shop or at least USA, you don't really see or hear of them though.

• 8 months later...