Why become a member? ×

Sweaty Hands whilst playing

jonunders

Get some sweat bands - double duty ones. You can pick them up easy enough, and they really do make a difference. I`ve found that although I thought it was my hands getting sweaty when playing, it was in fact all of me - urrgh, but it`s what happens with punk I spose - but putting the bands on prevents it running down your arms onto your hands.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1367672609' post='2068221']
Get some sweat bands - double duty ones. You can pick them up easy enough, and they really do make a difference. I`ve found that although I thought it was my hands getting sweaty when playing, it was in fact all of me - urrgh, but it`s what happens with punk I spose - but putting the bands on prevents it running down your arms onto your hands.
[/quote]

^^This^^. I use a double size one on my right arm which, the way I play, also stops rubbing on the edge of the bass. Single size on my left arm. Sweaty brow mid-song, it is easy to mop up, too.

Dermatitis.

Honestly, probably talc, as has been said. I would only use it lightly though, otherwise it could clog up between the winds of the strings and kill the tone of them. He could maybe try some very thin gloves, although I've never seen somebody use them on guitar. Maybe the strings are too close together for it.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1367682283' post='2068372']
I used to get sweaty hands a lot on stage, but as time went on, it happened less and less. I've concluded that it may be a symptom of nervousness, as I don't get nearly as nervous on stage these days.
[/quote]

possibly this - we had a great gig last night - drummer was gibbering in a pool of sweat in the corner - me, i wasnt even sweating, no slimey hands no stinky armpits, nothing!!

unfortunately if Roland's theory is correct he might have to wait another 32 years :lol:

I started using silk gloves as I go through strings with in hours.
Helps with sweat obviously and string life, makes you look a right queen too. If thats your thing.

Don't use them live but mainly when at home on my own.

Can burn through pretty quick too depending on string and technique.