Why become a member? ×

Looks like a bargain Warwick Vampyre Ltd 4 NT

My word....what has happened there???
If it is genuine that is a real bargain.
Must be a very interesting back story to this - I cannot see how someone can have a bass of this calibre and not know it.
Let us know how you get on fella.

He wrongly listed it in the Book section -- there is a nice M.I.J. Vantage Bass and case in the book section as well!-----May be a bargain if you can collect! ( Milton Keynes )

Will.

Excellent. Well done that looks like a great find.

I don't think that being under the wrong listing made the difference on people bidding but more likely the fact it was collection only. There are still some great bargains to be had on ebay but they are nearly always collection only which limits drastically who is going to bid for it.

[quote name='2x18' timestamp='1367609965' post='2067640']
He wrongly listed it in the Book section -- there is a nice M.I.J. Vantage Bass and case in the book section as well!-----May be a bargain if you can collect! ( Milton Keynes )

Will.
[/quote]
Ahh, i was trying to keep that quiet.I am the highest bidder so far

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1367618101' post='2067743']
Ahh, i was trying to keep that quiet.I am the highest bidder so far
[/quote]

Sorry timmo! Hope you get it at a bargain price!

Will.

[quote name='2x18' timestamp='1367652503' post='2067893']
Sorry timmo! Hope you get it at a bargain price!

Will.
[/quote]
No worries. If someone is serious about bidding for it, then go ahead.It looked like no one was really interested, so i thought it might go cheap.I only wanted a cheap bass so i could take to work for practicing.I was only going to go too £100, so if anyone is going to bid more, tell me and i will stop.No point in bidding it up if someone os wanting to pay more.It is at £62 now, and i have lost the lead

[quote name='V4lve' timestamp='1367672028' post='2068206']
Don't understand. The auction says it has finished at 55 quid yet you lot are talking as if it is still going.
[/quote]
I think that you'll find they are talking about this:

[quote name='2x18' timestamp='1367609965' post='2067640']

Will.
[/quote]

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1367686988' post='2068450']
Surprising what you can get cheap if it is wrongly listed or mispelled
[/quote]
Misspelled yes, wrongly listed not so likely. I never put a title in when i search. The real bargains come from those with 'collection only' like the bass of the original poster. On saying that i did pick up a good un at a bargain price on ebay recently (and have done so in the past) where the seller said collection only but after i contacted him said he would post it but didn't alter the description. The result was that no one else bid. Result.
I still can't understand why sellers won't post guitars (they have after all mostly come from the other side of the world) but then again that's a good thing for us!

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1367690380' post='2068504']
I still can't understand why sellers won't post guitars (they have after all mostly come from the other side of the world) but then again that's a good thing for us!
[/quote]
It is a good thing if you are close to Surrey.Every bass i fancy, they always seem to live there

Edited by timmo