Why become a member? ×

How many of you play metal

Jonny Walker

[quote name='metaltime' post='208387' date='May 28 2008, 09:12 PM']MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry was that over the top haha check out my band in my sig[/quote]

Did you ever get those dc's in you 6er?

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='208391' date='May 28 2008, 11:18 PM']I play metal. The riff the guitarist plays inspire me to follow the root notes exactly, otherwise he threatens to punch me in the face and turn his octaver on.[/quote]

:huh:

Uh, me plays some Mmmmmmetal too...
If you count Metallica and Dream Theater as metal.. :)

And, btw, thinking of auditioning to some Modern Metal band.. I love Prog.

I do:
www.myspace.com/draglineband

And rock too!
www.myspace.com/thestanton

edited 'cos I reasised you actually asked another question!

I pretty much take what the guitards are playing and put my own spin on it if there's room in the song, it can get a bit messy if you're not following the guit*ars when it's a riffy song though. I like bassists like Les Claypool and Tye Zamora, but my style is probably more like Sam Rivers and maybe Dirk Lance. Him off of Deftones is pretty cool too, but I don't know if my playing is anything like his.

Edited by Gamble

[quote name='Faithless' post='208413' date='May 28 2008, 09:45 PM']:huh:

If you count Metallica and Dream Theater as metal.. :)

And, btw, thinking of auditioning to some Modern Metal band.. I love Prog.[/quote]

Dream Theater! good on ya, i've herd thats quite hard stuff lol
p.s. prog all the way!

[quote name='Gamble' post='208416' date='May 28 2008, 09:47 PM']I do:
www.myspace.com/draglineband

And rock too!
www.myspace.com/thestanton[/quote]

why dont you put links in your signature?

P.s. Great Stuff!

Edited by Jonny Walker

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='208433' date='May 28 2008, 10:17 PM']Metal's about the only thing I would refuse to play.

Well, that and country. If I had a choice of playing metal, playing country, or shagging Beth Ditto I'd pick country.[/quote]

Why you in here then??? you shure you dont have a secret metal desire ?

[quote name='Jonny Walker' post='208382' date='May 28 2008, 09:10 PM']And what bass riffs inspire you?[/quote]
I just play the blues scale!
I don't think I take a lot of inspiration from other metal bassists - I like to get the guitars playing something chordy and I'll play something under it a metal sorta mode... lydian or aeolian or whatever!

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='208433' date='May 28 2008, 10:17 PM']If I had a choice of playing metal, playing country, or shagging Beth Ditto I'd pick country[/quote]
[BigBeefChief]I'd shag Beth Ditto[/BigBeefChief]

[quote name='Faithless' post='208413' date='May 28 2008, 09:45 PM']:huh:

If you count Metallica and Dream Theater as metal.. :)[/quote]
Course they count, because that's what i play :huh: awesome

Some good riffs.... the intro to dark eternal night by DT, anything from stream of consciousness by DT, seek and destroy by metallica, lucretia by megadeth. It's all good stuff.

Edited by budget bassist

I likes my metal too :)

I have to say though I'd been dragged away from the dark side into an indie band because my metal band failed, but things are on the up again!

Hopefully will be posting some clippings of the new metal band veeeerrry soon :huh:

And yeah, I'm a whitechapel and despised icon kinda guy :huh:

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=j-cro_l8HLY"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=j-cro_l8HLY[/url]
[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=vSdplEm95h0"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vSdplEm95h0[/url]

[quote name='Jonny Walker' post='208394' date='May 28 2008, 09:20 PM']Did you ever get those dc's in you 6er?[/quote]

I never did actally I got a 6 string warwick instead which works better. I then had my schecter defretted.

Riffs that inspire just now any song by opeth their bass player is amazing. Also between the buried and me their bass player is also amazing listening to those 2 guys recently has really made me practice