Why become a member? ×

How many of you play metal

Jonny Walker

[quote name='Jonny Walker' post='214298' date='Jun 7 2008, 12:44 PM']i prefer to play more technical stuff like lamb of god, Ive never tried any maiden or sabbath...[/quote]

Lamb of God??? Don't know them at all.

[quote name='Jase' post='214462' date='Jun 7 2008, 04:40 PM']Lamb of God??? Don't know them at all.[/quote]

I regard them as "Nu-Thrash", they are probally one of the most interesting metal bands around today and are just amazing live.

[quote name='Josh' post='214475' date='Jun 7 2008, 04:54 PM']I regard them as "Nu-Thrash", they are probally one of the most interesting metal bands around today and are just amazing live.[/quote]

I shall nip over to myspace and have a listen...they do have a page don't they?

[quote name='Jase' post='214480' date='Jun 7 2008, 04:57 PM']I shall nip over to myspace and have a listen...they do have a page don't they?[/quote]

Indeed, [url="http://www.myspace.com/lambofgod"]LOG.[/url]. Your better off listening from "Ruin" upwards, also 2:40-2:44 on Ruin is just amazing.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Josh' post='214482' date='Jun 7 2008, 05:00 PM']Indeed, [url="http://www.myspace.com/lambofgod"]LOG.[/url]. Your better off listening from "Ruin" upwards, also 2:40-2:44 on Ruin is just amazing.[/quote]

:) ...well that's just upset me for the rest of the day....very stressful....seriously though, see what I mean...some of it is so feckin hard to play!

[quote name='Jase' post='214483' date='Jun 7 2008, 05:02 PM']:) ...well that's just upset me for the rest of the day....very stressful....seriously though, see what I mean...some of it is so feckin hard to play![/quote]

I enjoy the drums alot more than what the bass is doing, which is just plain same old same old, although the riffs are just amazing.

[quote name='Josh' post='214486' date='Jun 7 2008, 05:06 PM']I enjoy the drums alot more than what the bass is doing, which is just plain same old same old, although the riffs are just amazing.[/quote]

It goes without saying those type of bands have some great players. Ta for the link :)

[quote name='Jase' post='214483' date='Jun 7 2008, 05:02 PM']:) ...well that's just upset me for the rest of the day....very stressful....seriously though, see what I mean...some of it is so feckin hard to play![/quote]
i wouldn't say it was that hard to play ;< i prefer the older stuff its got more groove

[quote name='umph' post='214488' date='Jun 7 2008, 05:10 PM']i wouldn't say it was that hard to play ;< i prefer the older stuff its got more groove[/quote]

Ok, maybe if I said as a player you need stamina, dexterity, speed, that's the hard bit to get up to scratch. I enjoy the older type of stuff cos....Ha! I'm older :)

[quote name='Josh' post='214475' date='Jun 7 2008, 04:54 PM']I regard them as "Nu-Thrash", they are probably one of the most interesting metal bands around today and are just amazing live.[/quote]

I've seen them 3 times live the first to at the Apollo were great but they supported heaven and hell in Plymouth and they just weren't on the button... but everyone has bad gigs i guess.

it always disappointing to see a band under preform, especially when you've seen what the can do...

[quote name='Jonny Walker' post='214936' date='Jun 8 2008, 03:42 PM']I've seen them 3 times live the first to at the Apollo were great but they supported heaven and hell in Plymouth and they just weren't on the button... but everyone has bad gigs i guess.

it always disappointing to see a band under preform, especially when you've seen what the can do...[/quote]

I guess, but at least it shows even Pro-Bands screw up, makes them that bit more human. I could make a film containing all the Metallica gigs in which they cock it up quite embarrasingly.

[quote name='Josh' post='214989' date='Jun 8 2008, 05:22 PM']I guess, but at least it shows even Pro-Bands screw up, makes them that bit more human. I could make a film containing all the Metallica gigs in which they cock it up quite embarrasingly.[/quote]

Our drummer is into Metallica, he's mentioned about the dodgy gigs he's seen them perform, happens to us all I suppose.

[quote name='Jonny Walker' post='215191' date='Jun 9 2008, 12:42 AM']I propose a salute to humanity :) lol[/quote]

Aye, a salute to humanity and a salute to all us mad unknown bass players who live here at basschat.

I play metal, well, one of the bands i play in play metal :) Im not a strict metal bass player though, I'm also in a pop/rock band.. the metal band im currently playing with: [url="http://www.chaincollector.com"]http://www.chaincollector.com[/url] . New album is released, and im not playing on it, as I came in later, but the album is still pretty good! :huh: (Atleast to my ears!)

A tip to you who complain about flopy downtuned strings, We play in C, I take the bottom 4 of a 5er set and tune them UP half a step! Quite comfy and it gives a thight and good tone too!

Edited by Thunder Fingers

[quote name='Thunder Fingers' post='215198' date='Jun 9 2008, 01:29 AM']We play in C, I take the bottom 4 of a 5er set and tune them UP half a step! Quite comfy and it gives a thight and good tone too![/quote]
Surely not on the Geddy Lee, the neck would snap! Mine nearly did with .110's on it!