Why become a member? ×

JV Squire Precision £350 on London gumtree

Hmmmmm

You know I don't think that is original.
I don't EVER remember seeing a black JV with a tort plate
Can't see a black JV P listed on the JV register:
[url="http://www.21frets.com/jvreg/JV_Registry.pdf"]http://www.21frets.c...JV_Registry.pdf[/url]

EDIT: actually I can see 2.....

HMmm then maybe it is real?

I seem to remember when i bought mine (new) the 62 came in Olympic White or Fiesta red or 3 tone sunburst only

Edited by Twigman

I had a black one with a tort plate, this is very similar - mine was sold when I was a poor student hence my interest in this. He still isn't responding though so possibly a scam to get as many phone numbers as possible and sell them to a marketing company ;)

Well. It didn't turn out so rosy after all :-(

I was the first caller, we agreed on the price and I had arranged to have it picked up tomorrow.

Then somebody called him, told him it was worth a lot more, offered him 300 more for it and well, the rest is history.

Rather ungentlemanly, but there you go.

Good luck to whoever bought it.
Grrr....

If i type "jv squire precision sale" into google the first thing that appears is one that sold here for £675 in november so the Gumtree seller should have at least given it 5 mins of research before listing it. Typical Gumtree, I've given up even looking there after several hopeless experiences.
It seemed to be some way off mint condition so £650 seems a bit high to me...?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1365352598' post='2038397']
The guys on this forum are great but why do i get the sad feeling it was someone who read this thread :(
[/quote]

Not me, and a pretty un-gentlemanly act to scupper an already agreed deal in my view.

At £350 it was a silly bargain, I have a battered and refinished JV I'd value at that. I think £650 is very steep for a Squier logo'd JV however, it sounds like he was trying to get you into an unofficial auction. I think you are well out of it - he didn't call me back or answer my texts. I bet it resurfaces soon. You are probably best off looking for something on here. Sorry to hear of your disappointment though.

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1365358583' post='2038521']
At £350 it was a silly bargain, I have a battered and refinished JV I'd value at that. I think £650 is very steep for a Squier logo'd JV however, it sounds like he was trying to get you into an unofficial auction. I think you are well out of it - he didn't call me back or answer my texts. I bet it resurfaces soon. You are probably best off looking for something on here. Sorry to hear of your disappointment though.
[/quote]

its what they've been going on here for (several listed recently from 600 to about 800), but from the pics i thought the gumtree item looked fairly scuffed up.
i talked to the guy yesterday but he said it was already gone - said he'd had people calling all day.
to be fair he didn't ask me to make an offer and i didn't pursue it any further either.
can't really blame the seller too much if he's been offered [i]twice[/i] the price for it but i agree its not very nice.
i tried to buy two JVs on the basschat forum and both times the deal got pulled having agreed the sale. maybe they're jinxed...!

Yeah it isn't great for the seller but understandable. What bothers me more is if someone on here saw that a basschatter had agreed £350 for the bass and [i]then[/i] offered double to grab it.

It seems very rum all round. I think it's a bit odd that the guy who bought it apparently jumped in with an offer of almost double what was originally being asked. Perhaps several people offered more than was asked and it was sold off auction style. Either that or the buyer [i]really[/i] wanted a black JV.