Why become a member? ×

Courier disaster... :(

Telebass

• 3 weeks later...

May be made up but I remember my mum saying about some photos sent through the post, with the words 'PHOTOS DO NOT BEND' written on the package. Some smartie pants had written 'OH YES THEY DO' on it and folded it to get through the door. :lol: :huh:

True or not, be careful how you phrase requests/instructions. :happy:

I bought a used bass last year which was to be shipped over from Germany. The seller only sends his basses ultra securely. It came in a Mono semi rigid case, then was taken for a professional pack job, which consisted of crazy amounts of bubble wrap and a very sturdy box, all sealed in that industrial film wrap. Of course, I paid for this, but the seller wouldn't have sent it any other way. You could have surfed on that with confidence!
I thought it was a bit OTT, but after reading threads like this, am glad he was so cautious.

[quote name='AmpDoctor.pl' timestamp='1367654995' post='2067920']
Sometimes I wonder if some people can read simple stickers like [color=#ffffff]"Fragile"[/color], sometimes I wonder if they [color=#ffffff]can read[/color] at all.
[/quote]

Huh?
;)

best,
bert

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1364503931' post='2027515']
I have never and will never use couriers to transport any of my stuff.
When selling, I always stipulate collection in person. When buying, I'll collect myself, partly because I want to try items for myself before I buy, but mainly because I'll take care of them in transit.

I feel for you.
[/quote]

Sadly this is why whenever I sell or buy anything i Prefer to pick it up in person or have the buyer pick it up.

I realise that that will put some people off buying stuff from me (or selling to me for that matter) but as a result whenever I've sold something here (or elsewhere) I know for a fact it has arrived securely, and as a side benefit I've met some really nice Basschatters out of it too.

I hope the courier company doesn't make claiming for this harder than it should be. good luck!

Some companies when sending high value fragile goods, put a gizzmo on it that is like a spirit level bubble and if the box/package is handled roughly, it breaks and turns red and you can tell right away if it has been mishandled and mark the delivery note accordingly.

Might be a good idea for high value amps, cabs etc.

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1367660724' post='2068006']
Some companies when sending high value fragile goods, put a gizzmo on it that is like a spirit level bubble and if the box/package is handled roughly, it breaks and turns red and you can tell right away if it has been mishandled and mark the delivery note accordingly.

Might be a good idea for high value amps, cabs etc.
[/quote]
Shockwatch - useful bits of kit

Speaking from experience, I had a Midget arrive with a whole driven all the way through, near an corner.

Promptly told Alex, but it took a long while to get a replacement. This was before the CNC machined ones was available.

The cab it's self was fine, there was a massive(for the cab size) crack that bent under pressure, but Alex allowed me to use it until a replacement was available. Never missed a beat though.

Eventually, over 6 months anyway. I made a new order for a S12t, and Alex discounted the price of the Midget for me.

So at least you can use it and see if you might fancy something else and trade it in later. Although a replacement should be a lot quicker now he has help and a CNC machine.

i had a gator flight case collected from scotland 24 hour,
when it arrived they had managed to put a hole in it with the piece still inside
and 2 cracks in it, one on the lid and one half way round the alloy trim !.
when i tryed to clame from parcel force they said it was not packed as there was no card around it.
I argued that it WAS in its self packing, why would you need to pack what is surely the best
packing you can get,
They said they would not pay.
I threatend them with court stating the above and also a big point, if the collector had seen it was not packed
appropriately he should not have taken it.
They paid out.
For bigger claimes they wil mostly try and fob you off with a letter, this has now become standard practice in the hope
you will just leave it.
Follow it through with a letter threatening a court action ( not a phone call) stating your next move will be to hand their reply
to your solicitor, and once in the solicitor hands you will have to see it through to clame your expences and his.
( so payment after this would be too late)
that then will go to there legal dept and if you have a valid clame they will pay out.

I send alot parcels around the uk mainly heavy classic car parts, the worst courier i have found is
CITY LINK... DO NOT USE CITY LINK, !!!! they have caused me so much trouble, and i had an account
with them !!

senditquick killed an Ashdown Mini4x8 I sold to a bloke in Liverpool.

I ended up suing them. Also turned out that their registered office wasn't where they said it was.

I got the money back and the court fees, but it took a year of pissing about with the court. Fortunately that's my day job so I wasn't put off, but I imagine many would be. Also I didn't have to pay my own fees either!